First Coog football game

Murchinson Texas … ET use to brag about his one red light lil town in east Texas with a few buildings and one grocery/gas station where he and his buds played dominos in the back with that cow nearby in the back pasture.

:relaxed:

2 Likes

Freshman year, 1994, SWC Conference Opener vs Texas A&M in the Astrodome, still remember the annoying Aggie “Whoops” echoing through the terrible acoustics of the Dome. Coogs lost 38-7. We have come a long ways since the Kim Helton era, do miss the SWC though.

In my sophomore year (1995), was at the final SWC game at Rice Stadium (UH vs. Rice), Coogs won 18-17, fitting end to a great and storied conference. Last one out, please turn off the lights.

I remember that Aggie Game; horrible. I saw in the loge above the corner of the endzone right where the Aggies ran the fumblerooski in. Couple of Aggies across the aisle fro my Dad and I who stood the whole game. Laughed at them at the beginning, but that ended pretty early on. Man, the Kim Helton era was hard to watch.

Tha was I believe the first game we played in the Dome. Went with my parents. Tulsa had this incredible d-lineman named Willie Townsend. He spent the game in our backfield.

The Rice- UH game was the last game played in the SWC. The Aggies tried to switch times with us so they could play at that time and add that game to their “traditions”. Unbelievable, but that’s why they are Aggies.

Coogs vs. SHSU 1987… live shasta, beach boys concert after game in dome. Maybe Andre Ware’s first game action?