First UH Grad on the SCOTUS?

No, she’s not saying where she went to school by name, because if she did, then her whole “small commuter college” thing would be exposed as a lie and fall apart.

Just like her claims to be a Native American, and her claims that her Father was a “Janitor” (her own siblings called her out on that one).

It’s a part of her whole bogus “pauperization” narrative.

And as you can see here, many of we UH grads have A LOT of problems with her, as does the Daily Cougar itself.

That should tell you something.

1 Like

Rioght… rioght…

I always thought you were a big fan of hers…what gives

Since when?

I’ve never been a fan of Liz Warren.

I don’t care for her politics, her deprecation of UH, or her race faking “wanna be” Native American antics.

I believe that I’ve denounced her on this board on more than one occasion.

Not sure how anyone could mistake me for a Warren fan. Where have you been?

1 Like

True…it makes her sound very old and out of touch. The University of Houston is nearly a 50,000 student public university that has all sorts of accolades in academics and athletes.

Saying I went to some small commuter school makes her sound petty…because even if that was true at that time…the current reality is very far from that. She sounds out of date.

And it wasn’t even true at the time.

Completely FALSE actually.

At the time she attended, UH was larger than aTm, second only to UT in size among Texas universities.

It’s just part of her whole bogus pauperization narrative.

1 Like

Uhlaw has been consistent in his distaste for Warren.

My take is that if we are going to get a horrible cadudate in the White House AGAIN…we might as well looking for a silver lining.

Having the University of Houston produce a POTUS before UT and TAMU would have put them in full melt down mode.

The fact that she lied in order to get preferential treatment tell everyone who she is. There are a lot of Native Americans that would have loved to be given the chance. She did and they did not.

Can’t wait until the Biden nominee…She’s going to be black and far far left radical and she will get hammered…don’t believe me…take a look at the top 5 candidates…it’s f’in on…

I would like to agree with you. History tells us that reps do not fight back. Sotomayor’s appointment was a joke. I want to believe you. Let’s hope. What was done to Clarence Thomas is IMO of the worst period of our history.

Liz ought to be ashamed of herself. UH had national rep back when she attended. Can you say the “Game of the Century” 1968 before she even attended UH can you say Astrodome where it was played before the largest attendance of basketball game in history be it Collegiate or Professional a record that stood for decades before it was surpassed…She wants to portray a Horatio Algier to the unknowing public. She can go piss off far as I am concerned. Very disingenuous person

Ok, I have to chime in here. Do I or do I not remember you somewhat beholden to Tom DeLay (among others) for that very same reason in previous discussions? I may be wrong. That’s why I ask.

You’ve alluded to this before. What are you talking about?

Was is the word commuter or little be the problem here?

Word choice?

THIS

One of the darkest days in our history.
Did you recognize any familiar faces?
History repeating itself?
Justice Kavanaugh rings a bell?

Tom Delay?

I haven’t discussed that guy in eons. What made you bring him up?

I think that some of the criminal charges against him were bizarro. Naturally, they were overturned on appeal because they were so bogus.

As for his politics, there may be some issues that I agree with him on, but he had some extreme environmental views that I didn’t care for.

As for him being a UH alum, so?

Aafia Siddiqui is apparently a Coog as well.

I don’t automatically like every UH alum.

I certainly never envisioned, nor advocated, nor wanted Tom Delay to be Prez.

Neither he nor Liz Warren are fit for it, as far as I’m concerned, although I’d argue that each is unfit for different reasons.

Little is a lie, first of all.

UH was LARGE in her time, not little. 2nd largest school in one of the largest states.

Deliberate mischaracterization on her part.

And while UH was a commuter campus, calling it a little commuter college obscures its role as a large comprehensive doctoral granting public university.

Had she said “I went to the University of Houston,” it’d be fine. She didn’t though. She didn’t even mention our name on her campaign website. Why not? Was she hiding the truth? Is she ashamed of her alma mater? Was she worried that if people knew that, in fact, she went to a large public university, and not a “small commuter college,” that her narrative, much like her claims to be a Native American, would be proven false?

Most likely the latter.

Had she said that she went to a large public university as a commuter, then fine. Not as good as mentioning us by name, but at least accurate and acceptable.

But what she said was FAR from that. It was a mischaracterization, and it was deprecating.

Even the Daily Cougar agreed with that. Not sure why you can’t.

How anyone can say that EW’s choice of words was not pejorative is beyond me. The fact that you may agree with her politics does not excuse her derogatory language. I could never support anyone who demeans OUR UNIVERSITY. I have been consistent. I posted my feelings on this board years ago.