First UH Grad on the SCOTUS?

6 Likes

:rofl: :sweat_smile:

First UH grad and I think first American Indian also. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I saw the other day, instead of her normal “I attended a commuter school”, she changed it to “I attended a state school”.

1 Like

That’s a step in the right direction.

Originally it was “I attended a small commuter college,” without mentioning UH by name.

:angry:

1 Like

She probably needs to take a tour of the campus to see that it’s way more of a full university campus than when she attended.

If our football or basketball team wins a national championship, then she’ll change it to the “University of Houston”. SMH

Actually, i’ll walk the campus every now and then before a basketball or football game and man has it changed compared to when I was there. Especially the side I spent most of my time on.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is this one on the list

1 Like

Actually, on the Bee’s list of candidates, yes, she is

1 Like

Y’all do realize saying that UH was a small commuter school in 1970 does not mean that it’s still a small commuter school 50 years later in 2022.

2 Likes

Lol it was not a small school in 1970

It wasn’t small, nor was it a mere college back then either.

Back in those days, it had over 20K students, was the second largest university in Texas (behind only UT), and was a full-scale, doctoral granting university.

aTm only had about 14K students in those days, for comparative purposes.

UH was NOT a “small commuter college.”

Trust me, my Dad was in polysci grad school at UH around the same late 60s time frame.

That was simply Liz Warren trying to create a bogus “pauperization” narrative to hide the fact that she was, in fact, a middle class housewife, married to an engineer making good money, attending the then second largest public university in a large state
one which had already been to the Final Four in basketball and had Top 20 finishes in football.

NICE TRY LIZ!!!

Thanks for deprecating us in the process!!!

3 Likes

so the quibble is “small”. got it.

“small,” (not close)
“college” (how 'bout UNIVERSITY)

And of course
why did she deliberately leave out our NAME???

Is she either a) ashamed of her alma mater or b) deliberately withholding the name so that people can’t double check her work and realize she’s not telling the truth?

I’ll let you decide which.

FACT, that’s when I was a student.

1 Like

Even the Daily Cougar agrees that Warren’s description/characterization of her alma mater is NOT right.

I’m just going to sit back and see how this one unfolds. I’m not taking the bait, (I have lately been refraining) but I would encourage Googling “The Babylon Bee”.

Yes sir, go Coogs!

“College” and “University” are colloquially interchangeable. Most of the electorate doesn’t care whether she said the University of Houston by name nor would it make or break whether to vote for her or not. Most UH grads/students who know of her already know she went to UH and probably briefly thought “that’s cool” and moved on with their day. “Can’t double check her work”? Google is free bro. If you’re extrapolating that she’s ashamed or whatever then you have fun with that. I don’t really care to play shrink over something so utterly trivial.

3 Likes