Foamer Promotions

We should start foamer promotions to get butts in the seats…Astros did it years ago and it worked

I don’t know if UH fans are that into trains.

Or, just start winning??

4 Likes

Iccceeee cold beer, coldest foam in the dome!

2 Likes

T-shirt cannon for every 5th batter hit.

4 Likes

New staff and this happens……those that have been around awhile know we don’t need any stupid promotions or gimmicks….

Winning cures all and this once proud program needs a reset….

We have had standing room only, been in the top 10 and gone toe to toe with the best teams in the country….time to get back to that.

2 Likes

If this season is a disaster like many of us think it will be, does Pez pull the plug ASAP?
My gut feeling is yes. It would give the new staff time to recruit and embrace the portal.
There will be only slight pressure on the coach because we in all probability will be picked very close to last in the Big 12.
Hoping he already has someone in mind.
My thinking is Whitting will retire or take another position at UH.
We desperately need someone who knows the area and will actually make contact with area coaches.

1 Like

Everything you said Butch is spot on….If he does not already have a list of replacements he is not doing his job.

And you are 100% correct that it would need to be done right after the season for the exact reason you said….that first year or two the portal will need to be used…. Depending on who the higher would potentially be will determine how quickly we can start getting some of the top HS talent locally.

There are a couple of guys that would do it in a New York second……within a few years you could find that sweet spot of top notch freshman and supplement with the portal….and when we say “portal” it needs to be really talented guys that want to move to the Big 12….not just random players that had zero success at their previous stops.

It’s all right there at our fingertips Butch….

1 Like

I rather wait until the big 12 settles before I blow up and try to win big quickly - if they add more baseball minded teams within the next few months than you can really see what you need to do to get better -

Or let ctw do one big 12 rip so you can see up close what’s needed then pull the trigger

“Or let CTW, do one big 12 rip so you can see up close what’s needed then pull the trigger”

Do you follow baseball much? Specifically UH baseball? Been a longtime fan?

I’m trying really hard here to remain calm guys….lol

1 Like

A coaching change should have been made after that embarrassing 233 RPI finish in 2021. The message should have been sent that letting the program sink that low was totally unacceptable.

5 Likes

The problem is the guy sending the message is just as much the issue. He tried to salvage this rolling manure wagon by tamping down the schedule. That to me spells slight of hand.

2 Likes

It’s super-obvious what needs to be done to get better, and it was super-obvious last year. The makeup of the B12 doesn’t matter in the least - we’re not going to be competitive based on our trajectory. There’s no waiting around to see what happens with other teams. This coach is on a one-year deal, and things don’t even look good enough for him to finish that out.

Anyway, there are enough threads bashing on the coach. We should reserve this one for bashing on concessions. :laughing:

1 Like

WBB is a perfect example if you let someone hang around too long and they have a decent finish -

Do you think they’ll finally turn the corner? Or was it a fluke? Is it worth blowing up going into a new league where you’ll need to evaluate what your up against weekly or hire someone to usher in a new era only for them to struggle year 1 and take away the new shine quickly?

1 Like