Fred Couples on LIV Tour

So proud he is a UH Cougar.

https://x.com/PGATUOR/status/1734593768743923938?s=20

3 Likes

I see some idiot saying that Couples is just jealous.

2 Likes

I agree though, that the PGA is kind of bullying controlling pictures and images of players playing in a PGA event.

The way I understand it if you play in a PGA event and have your picture taken then that picture or video is the sole property of the PGA, even if the picture only has you in it. That’s only one issue with the PGA, but an annoying one.

2 Likes

Is that any different than any other sports league? They all have those disclaimers at the end.

“This telecast is copyrighted by the NFL for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this telecast or any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the game without the NFL’s consent is prohibited.”

1 Like

I don’t know what other leagues do. Most have uniforms with league property logos so I suspect players can’t make money off of pictures exclusively.

There are other issues but none that I find important. It has always made me nervous when a person is threatened administratively when they leave an organization. There have been comments in Golf Digest that some PGA execs favored a lifetime ban for going to LIV. That just serves to make the PGA look weak.
Either way the PGA left a caveat that they could play in Majors. So I guess the PGA’s exasperation only applies when they’re not at financial risk.

Well is the PGA/LIV merger still on the table?

Lol

I don’t think it’ll be in our lifetimes. Some of the comments coming out of both camps are bordering on barbarian.

Interesting that NIL and LIV have revealed how anti-capitalism some people are.

1 Like

Jealous of what?

That’s stupid.

He’s just trying to make a little scratch before he’s too old

And I don’t watch the LIV, but only because I don’t want to see those guys playing on teams

I’d rather see straight individual play.

1 Like

Exactly why I called the person who claimed that to be an idiot

1 Like

I just think it’s weird that an organization tries to be so menacing about people wanting to play elsewhere. Even some of the people that have tried to support the PGA appear to be uncomfortable doing it. The PGA doesn’t run or own world golf. The Europeans have been playing the sport hundreds of years longer.

“You can’t leave us!”

They’re behaving like the UCF except without the legal underpinning.

They claim they are supporters of capitalism but when it works against them

How dare you!

1 Like

Rory is trying to pimp the PGA side this week by attacking the “independent contractor” status that LIV players are using to play in other events. I don’t think he understands what “independent” means.
If they left to play in LIV then they already did their calculations on the cost-benefit.

Btw, Freddy doesn’t give back to UH at all. Acts like he was only on Cullen for a minute. Probably enjoys hanging with Nantz though.

1 Like