Friday Night Football in the fall

Report: Fox Will Have Friday Night College Football Game Every Week (msn.com)

1 Like

I hope UH is not part of the Friday night schedule. The only thing I hate more than Friday night games is Thursday night games.

2 Likes

B10, B12 and Mac schools…interesting that Fox included the B12…are we a Fox conference or ESPN?

Big 12 has a split contract with both FOX and ESPN.

to add: You will see Big 12 games on some at the 11:00 slot for FOX game of the week and some on at the 2:30 ABC slot scattered through out the season.

Behind The Athletic paywall.

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/1765850794694201361?s=20

1 Like

I prefer Thursday night games as I can fly in for a “business trip”…

Fox doesn’t want to go up against the NFL/Amazon on Thursday nights.

They’ll probably give Friday night games a special name and promote the hell out of it.

1 Like

UH, on the Big 12 schedule, has two games listed as potential for Friday nights - at TCU (Fri/Sat) and at AZ (Thu/Fri/Sat).

Both.

I just think Friday games will make it feel like the AAC.

1 Like

I hate weeknight games for all the reasons that don’t include the actual game, but on the bright side it prevents us from a 11am kickoff I am all for it.

1 Like

It could. That would be the perspective of some. It is not our choice though, just stating what is possible based upon the posted Big 12 schedule.

I don’t mind Friday nights in most cases, and I watched a PAC game last year that was on a Friday night, then proceeded to watch other games on Saturday. Was great since I was not going out. Plus it allowed for more games. Can only see so many at one time if all games are on the same day of the week.

Also they are good for away games. Only issue for me would be the @TCU. since I will be traveling to the game.

I just noticed UH has a Friday night game in Fort Worth this season now on the schedule.

and at AZ listed later in the season on Friday.

We should be okay with this. IMO, let UH’s opponent’s attendance suffer with a Friday night game, rather than a Friday night game at TDECU.

From the UH perspective, my only thought was this is really the only driveable road trip as the only one in state.

1 Like

Yeah I wish this was a Saturday. Oh well, it is what it is. I might take the day off and drive up for a three day weekend.

I may have said this is another thread, but I welcome any Friday night games in September (as opposed to any games in the sun on Saturdays).

People don’t attend games like they used to anyway

A lot to do in Fort Worth.

ACC has done thursday games for a while…if Big 12 qnd Big 10 do friday games, thats OK with me…

1 Like