Fritz expects to make the CFB Playoff

Fritz doesn’t see why Houston is not a part of the 12 team playoff conversation every year in the future

https://twitter.com/WillKunkelFOX/status/1731872923063927024?t=XiQLuI9-9NyZaBNN6nxiPw&s=19

25 Likes

A coach who actually has aspirations is nice to hear.

21 Likes

Some coaches talk the talk, and some walk the talk Fritz quite capable of doing just what he believes, said can be done.

2 Likes

Anyone who follows the players on twitter seeing any feedback on the hire?

You mean he doesn’t want to red shirt the entire team for 5 years straight and make every single eccuse imaginable?

9 Likes

I’m now excited about our coach. I rewatched the press conference and loved a lot of what he said and his vision but most of all, I like that he said he has been a part of every area of a program and understands the importance of all of it being aligned. (Herman understood the importance of that too) I didn’t feel like we had that with the previous coach. I also like that he isn’t afraid of setting the standard high. I felt like the previous coach lowered our bar and expectations.

13 Likes

I couldn’t have said it better.

I am now completely convinced we got the right guy. What sold me was his comments about being flexible in what offense and defense you run. It all depends on what your players develop into. There is no sense being wedded to one offensive philosophy if you don’t have the players to run it.

He is going to win big here. I honestly think the first year is going to rough. But he will eventually figure it out.

19 Likes

I initially thought this, but then I thought it can’t be worse than what CDH did this year. Just instilling some discipline (better tackling, fewer penalties) could translate into 2-3 more wins.

19 Likes

Our goal for the next two years should be 6-6 and a bowl game.

After that, it’s CFB Playoff or BUST baby!!!

6 Likes

Trust the process.

i would hope he would have that goal as the new coach, but imo thats a reasonable goal with a 12 team playoff starting 2024. win the big12 and they will be in.

Funk, Patrick Paul is very excited about Coach Fritz and believes he will get the program steered in the right direction.
He said we will lose some to the portal but to him it won’t be a big deal.
He said “it’s all about recruiting and I think Coach Fritz will get it done.”

5 Likes

Do we give Fritz the same amount of time to make the playoff similar to how we gave coach Sampson to make the sweet 16 of the tournament?

I think that is situational. If the program has no momentum, then no.

BB and football are two different animals, hard to put them up against each other, but hopefully by year 3 we are in top quarter of Big 12

1 Like

Fritz is saying all the right things. I’m looking forward to next season even with that tough schedule but then again, all B12 schedules moving forward will be tougher. Lets go Coogs!

Good. The Cougars will be competitive.

Logan said he was really impressed with CWF at the introductory team meeting. He said a lot of players (Logan included) were gathered around him to shake his hand after he finished the meeting.

9 Likes

Fritz will be loved by his players. I always wondered what it would be like to have another old school coach with a simple, admirable qualities. No bull#%. Just take your job seriously and apply yourself every day. Work hard.

7 Likes

Sounds good to have a good coach again

6 Likes