Fritz on the defensive struggles: "That's the way this sport is"

Oh look, another thread hijacked.

5 Likes

That certain someone never gets out of the house, except to work. So he doesn’t have anything else to do but hijack threads

2 Likes

Go back to post 33 or so.

That’s when the “hijack” started. And it definitely wasn’t by yours truly.

92010 brought up Richards, and others brought up Bullock. I simply affirmed the Bullock part. Sorry if 92010 didn’t want to accept the facts surrounding Bullock. Blame him.

Get it right.

What a laugh.

2 Likes

See what I mean? :sleepy:

Anyway, the defense will get it straightened out. Maybe, just maybe, Georgia Southern wasn’t as bad as people want to believe. Plus, a lot of those passes were caught with the DB right there a lot of times. They really really wanted that game. You know the Heltons did and I’m sure it rubbed off on the team. They wanted to make a statement and were playing at home.

Sometimes you have to give the other team credit and the outcome was never beyond any reasonable doubt. Let’s get off the ledge and prepare for UCF.

2 Likes

I dunno man.

They were a 1-2 Sun Belt team when we played them, and their only win was against an FCS school.

Yet our defense had trouble stopping them until pretty much their last drive (Whew!).

They rolled up a lot of passing yardage and three passing TDs on us.

Not a good sign.

I guess we had some defensive success against their run game, but I think a lot of us have some deep concerns about our defense after last weekend.

Hopefully we’ll turn it around this Saturday.

To show you what the Aggies are like.

Police had to restrain the Aggie cadet corps from running onto the field to attack the Rice band. Following the game, the Rice band huddled under the south end of the stadium two hours while irate Aggies milled about waiting for the band to leave.

Revellie was retiring after [the] game with Rice. The MOB formed a fire hydrant on the field “in honor” of the dog at halftime.

I asked Google Gemini about this and here was the response:

​During a 1973 halftime show against Texas A&M, the Rice band formed a fire hydrant on the field and played “Where, Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone?” to mock the Aggie mascot, Reveille. The stunt outraged Texas A&M fans, who trapped the band inside the stadium after the game until police evacuated them in food service trucks.

2 Likes

Now THAT is SCARY!!!

The game was at Rice, here is the script from the MOB halftime show.

MOB Texas A&M Halftime Show

1 Like