Fritz will have a Spring Game and it will be similar to other P4 schools

That said, does anyone have insider info on the game format?

Will it involve a split roster with both offensive and defensive players?

Will it have offense v defense under a special point system?

I’ve seen both. Any buzz?

My brother did the Navy program through Rice. His 1st year he attended OU but finished his final 3 at UH. They used to do bleachers in big ole Rice stadium. My sister attended Arizona State for her green to gold in the Army and they did those bleachers. Neither enjoyed bleacher days from what I gather. Lol

3 Likes

My dad was in the Marines in WWII and said when they hit the beaches they had to advance fast or get run over by the CB’s bulldozers. BTW, for those who don’t know, CB stands for Construction Battalion from which the moniker Seabees came about.

3 Likes

https://x.com/joseph_duarte/status/1755280867415531738?s=46&t=I8rkpWXEoHf3t8sahNAV8A

18 Likes

https://x.com/joseph_duarte/status/1755278707185287183?s=46&t=I8rkpWXEoHf3t8sahNAV8A

13 Likes

https://x.com/gocoogs1/status/1755290171266736417?s=46&t=vr92CENP84_1akCtfW3ehQ
He just gets it man.

10 Likes

Wow…what a huge difference.

• Recruiting updates AND results!
  • Alignment Initiatives
  • ACTUALLY wanting to have a Spring Game and make it an event

All of this is worth the buyout

17 Likes

Gee, I wish we had Holgerson back, said no one ever.

13 Likes

Thank you Mike!
One of our favorite jokes is the Bees are usually on the beach first. We pave it nice and smooth so when the Marines come ashore, they won’t trip and fall in front of the camera. LOL !
By the way we are frequently ahead of the Marines in many locations. That is why we have to be able to take care of ourselves. That action gives rise to our Motto “We Build …We Fight”.
Go Coogs !

3 Likes

I served in carriers, mainly the Forrestal but last 9 months in the Intrepid when it changed home port to Quonset Point, RI. Was that by chance your CB base?

2 Likes

No my Homeport, as the Bees say ,was Port Hueneme ,California. That is where we deployed from. The East Coast homeport is Gulfport Miss.

Also Quonset Point ,RI was the original Homeport for Seabee when they were founded in 1942.

1 Like

They were still in QP when I was there in 1969 & 70.

Mike ,
No Joke,you probably saw ACB1.That is the Amphibious Construction Battalion One. There is only maybe two of those left. They do underwater construction such as welding steel structures, fuel pipelines and salvage . They also blow things up . Regular Bees only do land construction, but many of us were divers as well.

1 Like

Miramar too?

I really can’t believe on how positive HCWF has been in such a short time. Man how refreshing it is. Thank you friends for posting these videos. It clearly show a Captain in charge of its ship with a clear strategy on where and how to take it to port.
Remember when CKS was hired and how he wanted to change everything from the ground up? I have the exact same positive feelings.

3 Likes

Which coach is CKC?

Yes, some in San Diego .

I have done business for many years with Camp Pendleton, Miramar, North Island for many years. It was always a huge honor to go on base.

I have the same positive feelings when we hired Jack Pardee.

1 Like

I started school in Pardee’s 2nd year, so don’t know the fan sentiment going from legendary Yeoman to Pardee.

But I’ve not been more optimistic for a coaching hire than I’ve been with Fritz.

I’ve been highly hopeful for previous coaching hires - but definitely not more optimistic. Hope it translates to good times ahead for the program.

1 Like