From Joe Lunardi ESPN

It’s time to talk about Houston as a national championship contender. Again. Somehow the Cougars have gotten lost as Purdue, Kansas, UConn and Arizona dominate the No. 1 seed discussions. Yet here we are, with Houston back on the top line and owner of a perfect 4-0 record in Quad One. The Cougars are now a Dec. 30 date with Penn away from entering their first Big 12 season undefeated. In the past three years, all Kelvin Sampson has done is produce consecutive Sweet 16, Elite Eight and Final Four teams. There is only one more rung on that ladder, and the 2023-24 edition of the Cougars is in perfect position to take that step.

Has us #1 seed in Dallas.

28 Likes

So amazing to be this good after so many years of being so bad.

16 Likes

It seems to me the favorites should be Purdue, us, Kansas, and Arizona.

Crazy that 3 of those teams are in the big 12 next year.

5 Likes

If this was our bracket I’d say we would have about a 90% chance of making Final Four.

9 Likes

We are also on the front pageof espn.com right now

5 Likes

2 Likes

Elite 8 would be a shoe in, and final four close to a shoe in.

4 Likes

I just looked and you guys are still kicking a$$.

Very nice.

How surprised is your fan base? Did you all expect this type of success this year?

2 Likes

Most the fan base was ready to change coaches 6 months ago. It’s a huge shock for pretty much all of us.

3 Likes

We have yet to play a big 12 game. I feel like we should get through a few of those games first before they print articles like this.

14 Likes

Well well, here comes Mr. Sensible.

That’s great.

I used to follow y’all when Coach Rose was there.

Guess I’ll start again as a new conference mate :beers:.

1 Like

Can we not play Auburn again this year? thx

1 Like

I will probably continue to get all the sleep I can when I can

1 Like

Decent bracket but I prefer this one from Fox Sports. I would die laughing at that E8 matchup… :rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

Memphis will never be a two seed….but yeah it would be interesting to watch.

2 Likes

Let’s lock this one in

1 Like

Memphis at the 2 line is an interesting take for sure

They figured out how to play well in OOC now, but that NET needs to get in the top 20 for a 2, not to mention 14/18 AAC games are chances to pick up a resume tanker rather than a resume booster

2 Likes

That[quote=“Pollardsvision, post:11, topic:53301, full:true”]
Well well, here comes Mr. Sensible.

[/quote]

That monkey looks like CDH. Seriously.

4 Likes

Neither has Kansas. Purdue hasn’t played a big 10 game. Zone hasn’t played a pac 12 game.