G5 only playoffs being discussed

How can it be a valid G5 playoff when best G5 champ plays in our playoff? And quit saying 50 in the P2 when they have 34!! I KNOW you are hoping for BIG expansion that might include us, but wait till it happens…

3 playoffs; P4, FCS, and G5, isn’t the most terrible idea.

But it might be if you’re a G5 that doesn’t want to be. The only trophy that counts as a G5 is going head-to-head with a Power school and beating the snot out of them.

1 Like

Law you/I/We have no idea what is coming up next. The PAC schools that went to the big10 still have a huge travel issue and TV time slot issue. Since all possibilities are on the table it is easy to think the big10 will add Utah, Colorado and maybe even Arizona to “help” what I wrote previously. By doing so that would create a Western big10.

They are killing the goose. Media execs think by creating super conferences they will have more viewership. They fail to understand that local rivalries made college football so popular. The ncaa created this since the ncaa responds to conferences. We all know who the ncaa responds to.

Nope.

Not big enough brands.

Ain’t happening.

You have no clues law. Don’t pretend you do. I don’t either. Do I need to remind you what you previously wrote about Oregon, Washington even ucla and USC?

1 Like

It’s fun to play the game of Realignment, like Monopoly. No real money. No risk. No data.

1 Like

Those are larger brands.

Even UW and UO didn’t get in at full shares.

Utah and Colorado are smaller brands than that.

Ain’t happening.

Washington County is getting fleeced.

Separate, but equal? I love it, an idea rooted in American history.

The G5 has needed their own playoff for a while. ESPN/Fox sports now needs to create a network that only covers the G5 schools. There are a lot more small schools the Big 10 and SEC schools with fairly passionate fan bases that care about them.

This has been discussed for years but never picked up momentum because Aresco and the AAC were squarely against it.

Showcase is probably a better name for it.

The goose will ultimately end up being 48, or 50, schools and it will be the only programs that can provide big time football and big time atmospheres…which is what everyone wants.

No one cares about the minor school matchups.

The others will have no argument to being on the other side of the top tier 48, or 50.

called leverage…Adding all 4 PAC schools at the same time would have cost the B1G 10 more money!

this is a methodical 30 year plan of moving the pieces to either side of the P2 conferences.

They aren’t going to make all of the moves at once…they will move them piece by piece acquiring “map presence” as needed

This is where I do not follow you. A Marshall or middle of the road G5 program is at the heart of these communities. Communities small and large made college football popular. Where would a ttech or okie state without the SWC or BIG8?
We already have the nfl and this is where it becomes interesting. Will the nfl feel threaten if indeed we have a p2 system with multi millionaire playing ball? We are taking this road.

1 Like