Game 19: #1 Houston @ Tulane - January 17th, 2023 (W 80-60)

Jo Jo Tuglar on site :sunglasses:

3 Likes

*sighting

I think he’s saying that the program is still grounded and doesn’t get all haughty like some people may with the influx of wins. :thinking: :face_with_monocle:

That iphone ear piece is distracting. lol :grin:

1 Like

@pesik Forbes is 6ft 5". I would have Mark on him

And Sasser on Cook. Shead on James. (James is also 6ft 5")

Forbes is probably the key, cause hes been drawing fouls getting to the FT line & hitting 3s.

Look at these #s for Forbes: :eyes:

Our size with Jarace, Jwan, Francis, Chaney. Has to have a big impact. Points in the paint, big rebounding margin, etc

If this is just our guards vs Tulanes, high scoring affair, dont like it.

Cross was a tough matchup for Fabian. Cause he was quicker. But why should he be for Jwan or Jarace?

Jeez

I just hope the refs don’t turn it into a FT fest. I believe Tulane shoots them at a 80%+ clip

7 Likes

Last year’s team handled them and this year’s team is more equipped. I think it will be a good game but we will pull ahead at the end.

1 Like

5 Likes

That’s going to be a street fight. I hope the Coogs bring their A game.

7 Likes

Sounds like the perfect night for a Sasser/J. Walker combo to go off! Shead should have some nice assist numbers with those match ups as well. I think all of our starters (and E. Sharp and to a lesser extent, for now at least, Terrance) can go off on any given night, but seems well set up for Sasser and Jarace with this matchup. Jarace should be able to feast with that 4 and their less than stellar 3 point defense, and when they start to really key in on him is when Sasser can light them up.

5 Likes

Is pesik coaching tomorrow. :thinking: :grin:

1 Like

i think he just referencing the conversation we were having earlier

shead on cook (6’0 extremely shifty shooter)
sasser on forbes (6’5 sharp shooter)
tramon on james (6’5 muscular bully driver)

or

sasser on cook
tramon on forbes
shead on james

and what matchup we think samson would prefer

Oh ok got it. He @ you a lot, so wasn’t sure.

Coogs by 10-13 pts.

5 Likes

Shead will try to bother Cook or Forbes with ball pressure, being physical. But, since its a road game, im worried he could pick up some fouls guarding Cook.

I dont @ you alot though Jesse :grin:

Maybe have the standard Shead on the PG. Sasser on Forbes and Mark can help off some, since James isnt much of a shooter. Only 17 3s made for James

Uhh no
 thk goodness. I couldn’t keep up. Plus I worry ZERO abt the X’s & O’s for the longest time now. Leave that to y’all. Insignificant imo.
Only pesik gets a lot of @ from you, so I wasn’t sure if he was Coaching or 
 ahhh nvm. :joy::laughing:.

All good Coog1992.

3 Likes

Game is sold out.

https://www.yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?t=57009

Yep all 4000 people lol is all it holds

1 Like

The greenies are playing well.