Game 3: Oral Roberts vs #3 Houston - November 14th, 2022 (W 83-45)

What we miss from Carlton-
If you don’t have height, you have to use a lot of effort like jumping and driving to get your paint-points, rebounds and blocks.
(This may increase chance for fatigue and injury)
If Chaney, and especially, Francis can improve their game, then we can have 4 post guys giving each other enough rest to be able to perform well while on court.

1 Like

God needs money!!!

Personally think it was a d*** move by God in the 80s to hold Oral hostage for $8 million. Big donation from a Florida dog track owner saved Oral’s life!

To anyone who’s offended, I’m not anti-religion, but I’m anti “BS-talking, money-grifting, grandmother-fleecing televangelist”.

11 Likes

I prefer anal roberts

6 Likes

samp pre game
https://twitter.com/AYanez_5/status/1591964924728807424

1 Like

Almost the same team back, except for 1 missing piece

Kevin Obanor. Who plays at Texas Tech

Now, so far Connor Vanover, the Arkansas transfer has put up numbers

Biggest issue is there pretty awful on D

1 Like

Heres the full video from @AYanez_5

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1591943680201723905

5 Likes

Seems like coach likes Andy. Is it just me or is there way more content about the team this year?

2 Likes

Last year there was still Covid stuff early, so maybe Coach was worried about that. Not having reporters at practices as much. Everything done over Zoom

This has been the 1st normal season (knock on wood) since 2019-20 season

Yeah, it does seem Coach and players have given way more access to the media this season

Could be a Lauren Sampson thing. Our best “marketer” is Coach Sampson. So get him in front of the camera as much as possible

1 Like

Vegas has us -18.5.

1 Like

What does pearland have us at? He’s the smart money!

I think this is the first season since andy has graduated and it looks like he is a full time sports journalist so it makes sense why he would be putting out a lot of content.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

2 Likes

Looks like it has jumped to -20 on most books.

Yup, my book has it at -20 now with a total of 146 1/2. Going to have to think on that one for a while.

All three games have been low 20s pointspread.

But #115 Oral Roberts is a lot better than the other two (#174 St Joes, #210 NoCol).

NoCol is at Baylor tonight. Bears favored by 26.5.

Real classy post there. I just happen to love the Lord and hope you do some day too.
Beat Oral Roberts!

Totals are tougher to bet this year with so much depth. In the past, l leaned towards the unders because of our defense. This year, with so much scoring power, the bet is tougher. Especially a second half bet. Used to be reasonably able to do a second half under because we would usually have a scoring drought the last few minutes with the subs.

I think the line is probably good on this one. They were way off on NoCO and only close on St. Joe’s because we had a near historical bad shooting night from 3. What I’m looking for tonight is to see if we can put the clamps on Abmas and McBride and keep Vanover from being a difference maker. If we check all 3 of those boxes, not only will we likely win by 30+, but we’ll have everyone on our schedule dreading their matchup with us.

Should be noted that 6’0" elite scoring Max Abmas is currently their leading rebounder at 8.0/game, despite having a 7’5" center (Connor Vanover) on that team. J’Wan, Jarace and Reggie should be able to push Vanover around with ease.

1 Like