Game 31: #1 Houston @ Memphis - March 5th, 2023 (W 67-65)

Correct

75/76 for Basketball is correct.

First game against Arkansas at their home. We lost by 45 points in the set up game. We later beat Arky at the Hof.

We were not a great team……. But then on the horizon came Rob Williams, Larry Micheaux and others as Phi Slamma Jama started to take shape.

1 Like

I’m sure all our fans are angels lol

1 Like

Sorry but I saw it in the Astrodome. I have only been to watch the Coogs in Dallas once and that was in the late ‘70s

I have no problem correcting myself, since I have a lot of experience at it. 1975 for basketball. I do remember that now that I think about it.

The Memphis Commercial Appeal is predicting a 77-76 Memphis win Sunday.

Duly noted

Jim Nantz talking with the team in Memphis

6 Likes

The money says UH -5

4 Likes

This is correct!

What else would you expect?

Should be a good test for us on the road - Memphis should be up for us with their best players now healthy.
Back in December, Kendric scored 30 and they lost by only 3 at Bama.

1 Like

I can’t wait to hear how hard it’s been for K Davis. People are so mean.

5 Likes

Do you remember KDs story last summer? I just remember it from the transfer portal days

I believe his Dad went missing. And might be presumed deceased

And his cousin or brother passed away.

I’ll be rooting for him to brick every shot tomorrow. But hasn’t had it easy

1 Like

Right. And that has zero to do with him taking some heat at SMU. If you’re man enough to leave, be man enough to wear it.

2 Likes

I agree, that traitor isnt that bad.

How many dumb SMU fans were saying it? Like 10. Im sure the arena wasnt that full. Not a big deal in my opinion

I do think Penny just needs to block some of this stuff out.

Has Sampson ever mentioned what fans yells at us? As long as its not as slur, he just blows it off

I’m just looking forward to this game from a competitive standpoint because Memphis will be at home and jazzed up and it should be fun to get a real test in conference before the NCAA Tournament. Other than that, whatever.

I checked out their board and man, you would think that we are playing the Coach K Duke program with the way they view themselves over there. A program whose biggest accomplishments are not recognized by the NCAA due to cheating. Also, more “We deserve to be in the Big 12 over y’all”.

We have a longer history with Big 12 teams who are our true natural rivals. Academically, I’m pretty sure UH ranks better. Geographically, we fit in the Big 12.

3 Likes

Anyone know UH’s basketball record when Jim Nantz calls the game? I don’t think its very good. We need to start a win streak.

2 Likes