GAME THREAD: #16 Longwood (21-14) vs #1 Houston (31-4) l March 22nd (W 86-46)

Their point guard (Napier) was at USM a few years back and wasn’t bad. Tiny but distributes the ball well and is fast. Not a very good shooter from the outside - he seemed to want to drive to the hoop more.

They have a couple of kids from Houston that people should know. Their coach is also from Houston - was a lawyer at V&E and then opened up his own oil and gas company. He’s also rumored to be in the mix for the Rice head coach position.

So…are we trying to build up our brand…or not?

A #1 seed at 11AM is very disrespectful.

We SHOULD be a team everyone wants to watch…hence the Prime Time Slot!

2 Likes

I told the wife about Longwood and she said, “I know that’s why I married you, Pear”.

24 Likes

I’ll send my brother in Virginia over to scout.

Would rather want the morning slot. Rest up for the entire day and Saturday before playing Sunday. 8/9 seed play in the evening so they have a shorter turnaround.

2 Likes

When do the Huskers and Aggies play? The game before us? I’m really glad we rest up a full week for a Friday game.

2 Likes

So just the typical D1 coach career path?

2 Likes

In my being wrong statement… UConn and UNC got 145 slots, Purdue got 620 there were no 11am slots. I wanted the early slots, I don’t need eyeballs for a 1 v 16. I need to get them cleared out early and the team resting for the much bigger test to come.

Want to build the brand?

Going deep makes a much bigger impression.

6 Likes

Yep, game right before us. Kind of sucks that the winner gets to do some extra scouting on us.

Perfect time

If we up by 40 at half time. Rest the starters.

4 Likes

Different team. You played Lindenwood.

Who’da thought little ole FarmVille would have a D1 school. How about them in round 1, JMU in round 3, and UVa in round 5

Shout out to television for us not getting Tru TV’d!

2 Likes

Longwood, champions of the Big South.

So we go 4v5 in 2H?

1 Like

Especially with all the deforestation.

That was Lindenwood. Different team. I can see the easy mix up.

Longwood actually played one common opponent, Dayton, and only lost by 9 points. This is the same Dayton team ranked #24 that has Mayes is tough when we had TA and Tugler.

3 Likes

Me too. I was still a kid when they built it. I remember being upset because they cleared all the land I rode my bike around in lol

1 Like

My son actually went to Longwood. It is a great little school. Small classes and campus. Aldrich coaches for the love of it and the kids. It should be a fun Friday evening watching the Coogs and the Lancers.

1 Like