GAME THREAD: #16 Longwood (21-14) vs #1 Houston (31-4) l March 22nd (W 86-46)

30 Likes

So what do we know about Longwood? Seems like offense runs through the post?

Common Opponent is Dayton Flyers

Next subdivision over from mine. Pretty nice. #CypressTx

7 Likes

Longwood University is a public university in Farmville, Virginia. Founded in 1839 as Farmville Female Seminary and colloquially known as Longwood or Longwood College, it is the third-oldest public university in Virginia and one of the hundred oldest institutions of higher education in the United States. $91m endowment. 5000 students. Was a teachers college for a long time.

Like Tarleton State or Angelo State? Nah. Twice the endowment of Tarleton with one third of the students.

I used to drive through there everyday when I lived in cypress and taught on the south side of Klein.

3 Likes

Still looks very nice n well maintained.

Cougars by 22.5

9 Likes

Longwood was the 5th seed in the Big South tourney. Thats all I know.

2 Likes

We SHOULD run through them like a hot.knife through butter.

1 Like

I live close to Longwood, maybe I should checkout the campus and head to the gym to find the bball players lol

6 Likes

Where did you get the dates of our game? Does it have our time also?

820 tip off time…boo

1 Like

Is there any way a team with a name like Longwood be matched up with Morehead State or Oral Roberts?

9 Likes

12 Likes

I’m fine with it. I should be able to get off work just in time to watch the game.

2 Likes

Cyclones played Longwood as their second game this season and won 102-47, and that was before ISU figured out their offense. I don’t think the Coogs will even need Roberts to play.

15 Likes

Pray you are right. JMU is a tough cookie. We will need a rested team.

Prime time is boo???

What the respect, instead of burying us at 11 AM?

2 Likes

For Longwood? Yeah boo the 820 tip. Bury them early at 11 and get the team every extra hour of rest possible.

4 Likes