GAME THREAD: Kansas State (14-6) @ #4 Houston (18-2) 1/27 11AM (W 74-52)

11 Likes

Happy LJ stepped up.

Damian still makes some down right stupid mistakes, but I am so proud of his progress. Contributes to the offense regularly now, it seems.

Letā€™s beat the Wildcats!!

9 Likes

With a win here and a Tech loss, we could be #1 in the conference by the end of the weekend no? Weā€™d have the same conference record as Tech but with the head to head tiebreaker.

2 Likes

This this game a black out? They show Lj in a white jersey. I hope now that we are in a big boy league that we can officially coordinate a black out correctly.

1 Like

They arenā€™t that big, arenā€™t that good of a shooting team and donā€™t rebound on the offensive end. They arenā€™t deep and play 3 guys heavy minutes.
They do play good defense and play hard but I believe we match up favorably.

They will also be traveling here on short rest.

Iā€™m so stoked for Saturday!!

3 Likes

Long week!

After the two losses while 1/2 of you were losing your sh*tā€¦.

Many of us said to calm down that CKS would right the ship.( I said we would win five straight heading into the Kansas game and truly believed it. We are 60% of the way there)

Coach has done thatā€¦.this team reminds me of the ā€œElite 8ā€ team that should have won the whole thing.

This conference is so much fun in my eyes.

Iā€™ll use UCF for example,
They lose at Kansas St. by 25
Then beat Kansas
Followed by a home loss to BYU
And then travel to Austin and beat the Horns

Examples like this for just about every team.

I love conference game nights.

Go Coogs!

12 Likes

They need the rest lol

1 Like

Definitely

First 3,000 fans receive a black shirt Saturday

18 Likes

Another thing I noticed is on top of their main guys playing a lot of min KSU has also been involved in 5 overtime games being an impressive 5-0 in those games.This team is ripe for us to take down.

5 Likes

We just wore black uniforms on the road and weā€™ve worn the black unis several times already this season so what makes this Black Out on Saturday so special? Canā€™t we just have a ā€œWhite Outā€ instead and wear our home Phi Slama Jama jerseys at home and give out 3,000 white Phi Slama Jama t-shirts? That would make much more sense. While Iā€™m at it, we are scarlet red and white, not black and red like Tx Tech or gray and red like Ohio St. Wear white at home and red on the road. Thatā€™s our brand. Stop with the gimmicks that nobody is buying into. The BYU student section was decked out in white t-shirts last night and they were loud when they were making their runs. It looked good on TV. Our marketing needs a lot of work.

11 Likes

Great preview tonight. KSU at ISU on the deuce at 8:00.

1 Like

With all due respect, your mindset is exactly the issue. What looks good is that everyone buys in and wears the same color, no matter what it is. We had a ā€œstripe outā€ a couple years ago and that didnā€™t work because many of our fans donā€™t ā€˜buy inā€™ - simple as that. So best thing you and all us fans can do is to buy in and wear what the team is asking us to wear. We have too many fans who choose not to ā€˜buy inā€™ and who choose not to actively cheer. All the team and coaches are asking us to do is to wear black and cheer loudly/make noise, especially when the team is on defense. How hard is that?

BTW - Iā€™ve been to every game this year and this is the first Black Out of the year.

12 Likes

Weā€™re still going to lose some games in the Big 12. That was my point, canā€™t speak for everyone else.

my main gripe about it (other than I dont like our black uniforms in any sport in the first place) is that if Im going to a UH sporting event Iā€™d want to be decked out in my UH gear - which is all red or white.

so if I were going to the game Saturday, Iā€™d just have to wear a random black shirt (that I dont have) and no UH gear? just seems weird. although Iā€™d get there early which is the point of the 3,000 shirt handout so I guess problem solvedā€¦

but, im not going to the game, so I guess I cant gripe. but I still grippedā€¦

2 Likes

I have Red, White, Grey and Black UH shirts and caps. Heaver clothing is all Red. I love to be prepared . . . . .

4 Likes

There are plenty of UH gear that is black, ie like the For the City basketball shirts

4 Likes

This win should get us into a First Place tie for Big 12 lead.

2 Likes