GAME THREAD: Texas (16-9) @ #3 Houston (21-3) 2/17 12PM CBS (W 82-61)

$129 + fees is cheapest ticket on secondary market.

1 Like

I totally missed 2002Coogā€™s post. Sorry about that

2 Likes

Iā€™m hoping Mylik Wilson has a big game. Heā€™s been coming on lately.

5 Likes

I agree. At some point in the tournament Shead is going to have foul trouble. Wilson will be the key to advancing or not.

Plus I like watching, Sampsonā€™s players getting better game by game, year by year.

4 Likes

SROā€™s went on sale at 10am if anyone interested

4 Likes

SRO Sold Out

8 Likes

4 Likes

Is the guy in the game thread still calling Wilson terrible?

2 Likes

No, he is probably starting a new Mylick fan club lol

Donā€™t recall any of that but like i said heā€™s been showing improvement so im hoping he can become a third soring option as Dunn has been abit disappointing.

I really would like to win this oneā€¦ā€¦BIG

4 Likes

Since the game is on CBS this weekend, just wondering, do we know whoā€™s calling the game? I can think of one totally unbiased announcer I can think of. Hello friends. :grin:

1 Like

Heā€™ll be working the PGA tournament. Did he not retire from basketball after last season or was that just the NCAA tournament?

1 Like

Ian Eagle & Bill Rafferty will call the game for CBS

Edit: Ian is very good. One of lead Announcers for CBS during MarchMadness
Raffery-- Onions!

3 Likes

Yes, heā€™ll probably be at Riviera for the Genesis. I know he stepped back from Final Four coverage, but I donā€™t know about BB as a whole.

I expect that Ian Eagle and Bill Rafferty are the new #1 team. I expect weā€™ll see some Jim Nantz during the tournament with so many games to call, but I think that will end at the regional final level.

No on that Mr. Fred. He officially retired from calling MarchMadness gms all together. He wants to spend more time w his family. And he stated his goal & intentions are to follow UH Basketball around as a fan and attend their games during MarchMadness as a Fan only.

7 Likes

I donā€™t want Mylik running the offense but heā€™s very athletic. He plays with maximum energy. And energy is what drives the Coog Bus. Put him out there a spell.

Btw - UT is going to bring it. Canā€™t afford a ten-minute lapse in this game.

12 Likes

Yeah, some seem to think itā€™s just an acceptable part of our game LOL. See 10-minute lapses in March snd youā€™re also seeing the door.

10 Likes

Texas is up to 31 in the Net. 1 spot away from being a Q1 home game.

1 Like

UGGGGGGH!!! I looked on SeatGeek and there are WAYYYYYY too many tickets for sale! Since the Fertitta center is sold out this year, I really wish it would be 100% all red. But thereā€™s a lot of buying opportunities for Austin State to make a presence.

2 Likes