GAMEDAY THREAD: Houston at UCF; (L 44-29)

• Houston >10
  • Houston <10
  • UCF <10
  • UCF >10

0 voters

“Our guys believe in what we are doing, and our coaches believe in what we are doing,” Holgorsen said. “I keep saying this, but it is true, we are just going to put our head down and keep moving forward. This thing will turn. When it turns, I don’t know when, but when it does this is going to be a lot of fun.”

The Cougars’ defensive line hounded SMU’s Shane Buechele into his worst game of the season. Next up: UCF true freshman Dillon Gabriel, who is second in the AAC with 277.2 yards passing per game and tied for the first with 20 touchdown passes. All five of Gabriel’s interceptions have come in the Knights’ two losses this season. “Nobody ever wants to play a true freshman, but (Gabriel) has been getting better,” Holgorsen said. “From having to play earlier in the year, to having to take a lot of the snaps, he’s been getting better and better. It looks like they are set at quarterback for a while.”

Heupel expects to be tested by the Cougars.

“A football team that plays hard and with great energy,” he said of Houston. “On defense, they fly around to the football. I think on offense, they still have explosive playmakers.”

Houston enters Saturday’s contest ranked last in the AAC in turnover margin, with the Cougars turning over the football 13 times this season, including three times during the loss to the Mustangs last week. UCF has forced 12 takeaways this season, including at least one during each of the past seven games and two last week against the Owls.

Houston showed they can keep up with SMU (or rather slow them down a little), but it’s tough to see them do that again. UCF’s another beast to tame, and it would be surprising to see the Coogs keep things close in Spectrum Stadium. UCF 42 HOUSTON 21

Damn… No buzz whatsoever or mention of the game until I came in here.

1 Like

Coogs 31-27

UCF unis today are pretty badass.

NASA / Space themed. Helmet is the Moon, numbers have star constellations, etc…

3 Likes

I just hope this doesn’t get too ugly.

2 Likes

none have so far and we have played a pretty stout schedule. Two losses by 7 and one by 3. The other two were not blowouts at least nothing like the season we were facing after Army

2 Likes

Hopefully the knights will be so full of themselves and looking ahead thinking UH will be a piece of cake with a gimpy QB and so-so unpredictable defense … that …

THAT they will turn into AppSt part deux … HOPEFULLY …

2 Likes

This is the last game that I will stress over this season… I just want one big win this season

Outside of OU…been waiting for it to get ugly all year. True freshman QB gets baited into a couple of turnovers. Coogs by 3.

https://twitter.com/joseph_duarte/status/1190653668795666432?s=21

https://twitter.com/joseph_duarte/status/1190639713671139328?s=21

Ready to get this show on the road

Come on out to the Draft in Kingwood.

I wish Beth Mowins did asmr videos. Yum

Beth Mowins!?’ Come on!

Watching on mute I guess…

Coogs receiving first after winning the toss.