GAMEDAY Thread: USF @ UH 1/26 1 PM Central CBSSN (W 68-49)

I forgot, the WWE Royal Rumble is going on over at Minute Maid today Usually an all-day thing and there was a big crowd over there when I drove by. Could be some of the reason for the crowd, especially the students.

1 Like

That’s a hard decision on events

Fake rasslin

Or

Fake refereeing

:grinning:

5 Likes

4 Likes

Unless they gave away a bunch of free tickets I dont see it taking away that many students from a UH game.

2 Likes

I was thinking why doesn’t UH try to book wrestling events at Fertitta Center. The only thing that might be an issues is that the low ceiling prevents the pyro and fireworks at wrestling events. That new AEW wrestling was touring in Dallas and Corpus last month but didnt come to Houston.

2 Likes

Too small for WWE and it has to compete with Toyota Center (Fertitta might want the money going directly to him).

Might be able to get some of the other wrestling federations or NXT.

What was it? I was trying to figure out what he was even upset about.

1 Like

There that AEW wrestling which is trying to compete with WWE. They are backed by the owner of the Jacksonvillle Jaguars and are on TNT.

1 Like

Yep, that’s who I was thinking about too. They just started in October.

1 Like

They do a bunch of pryo and fireworks so might be too low ceiling for them

1 Like

Right before the Chris Harris rebound and jam, Harris shoved the USF guy in the back out of the way. It wasn’t egregious, but did happen.

1 Like

Also kind of surprised we haven’t seen more (any?) concerts here yet. Seems like a good sized venue for some acts.

1 Like

Love to see some offense second half

1 Like

Lost a chance to move up in the AP poll
#17 Maryland escapes @Indiana with a one point win.

1 Like

Chris “Otis Thorpe” Harris

3 Likes

Listening to Jeremy for this one so far. Second chance points have been big today.

1 Like

Over Chris Harris’ back?

1 Like

Good scoring from the post to start 2nd half.

2 Likes

Coogs starting to oppose their will. On defense they are setting the tone.

3 Likes

39-28 Coogs with 14:51 left

Again, if we could hit shots, we’d run away with this thing. Really impressed by the defense and rebounding though. Kids are locked in.

7 Likes