Garrison Vaughn

Some recruiting experts on here were upset because he had mostly Ivy League and FCS offers but MAN he shined very brightly in the field tonight.

He will be an excellent starter for us in the years to come. We need to recruit more kids out of Belton like we di with John Tyler since we already hit twice with both him and Hall.

10 Likes

He was impressive. Tackled well and had great instincts. Kirven continues to impress. Great find by previous regime.

12 Likes

Our defensive kids can play football.

They just need to get in a wee better game condition and keep listening to the coaches.

I was very pleased with some of the improved tackling and hitting tonight.

Stuard was channeling his inner Lubojasky tonight. He gets meaner every game.

10 Likes

He had an ok offer list and was actually one of our higher ranked recruits in Applewhite’s second class.

1 Like

Mutin was solid tonight too.

1 Like

I like having a savage to give the defense more personality. He doesn’t have to be great…just very good and his intensity will bleed over into the rest of the team.

Mutin is rough too.

Just give me guys on D that wanna play with intensity. Guys that get a little crazy. I’ll be a big fan and still enjoy the season.

8 Likes

Garrison had 22 offers including Washington State. Cal would have offered but Garrison wanted to play close to home. He’s been working very hard within the UH program for the past 18 months and needed an opportunity to show what he could do in a game with ample playing time and had that chance at NTX.

7 Likes

My personal take is Vaughn and Spreewell need to be the starters and Anderson needs to be second string. He is not consistent and we cannot rely on him back there. UNT probably would have still scored but his poor tackling attempt for UNTs first TD pass was the final straw for me.

Vaughn was everywhere he should be and he was absolutely solid wrapping up on his tackles. I have been waiting for him to get playing time and I’m glad that he played like I thought he would. Hopefully he gets more time to shine and solidifies his position.

12 Likes

One thing I hope comes from this unconventional season is guys that may be stuck on the bottom of the depth chart getting some plays. You never know when a guy who wasn’t a big time recruit may gain some experience and attitude when he gets to college.

Kirven is quickly becoming my favorite player on D. He is fast, hits like a train, and hustles only slightly less than Stuard.

7 Likes

Absolutely agree. #2 needs to come off the bench. Great physical tools but seems to have an inability to tackle properly and seems to regularly show a lack of effort. Just not getting it done compared to his teammates.

7 Likes

Vaughn’s are smart people

5 Likes

So true.

Kirven was a beast versus UNT

2 Likes

Kirven has been making plays when he is on the field. A very good player from a small school with a very successful football program.

8 Likes

Even if the Vaughan’s think it’s spelled identically?

1 Like

Mart has 7 state titles.

Lota these 2* atheletes ya’ll whined about getting are quite productive

4 Likes

I don’t know why anyone would complain about getting a player, Garrison Vaughn, that was a 6A 1st team All State safety in Texas.

7 Likes

I don’t remember anyone complaining.

2 Likes

They did in his commitment thread.

1 Like