Gary Glitter. How can I explain this to my children with a straight face?

You should definitely have a straight face when you warn your children about predators like Gary Glitter. Definitely important to explain to them that there are monsters out there.

2 Likes

lol, they play this song every game at my son’s Little league games. Didn’t realize they were grooming them.

What is it that you’re trying to explain? Were you President of his fan club? Or just trying to explain that he was a predator? The fact that he was a predator should be easy to do with a straight face.

Also, depends on how old your kids are. However, why is it just Gary Glitter you’re concerned about explaining? There’s plenty of other predators out there, famous or not, I think you could likely stick to explaining them in general instead of individual ones for the most part, unless they specifically ask about one in particular.

2 Likes

I’m sure the cats will be just fine. They can’t even read!

I honestly have no idea who Gary Glitter is so I know my kids don’t. I’m sure I know some of his works but the name doesn’t register.

In any case, I don’t explain every bad guy to my kids even if I have heard of them. I’d never stop explaining. I also don’t hear a song and say, hey kids, you don’t know who this is but let me tell you the bad things he did.

I waited a few days before responded. Do you know why I even posted this?
I posted this video because the singer looks ridiculous. It looks like a bad parody of R&R singers. I was making fun at the video and how I could explained it to my kids.
I had no idea that this guy is a predator. But here some of you go on your high horses.
Man, some of you are so uptight it is no even funny.

Very strange coincidence. And you live on a high horse so don’t give us that.

In any case, this now makes even less sense. Your children will very likely never see that video. I’m 40 and never have.

On another note, don’t ask us to figure out the intent of your posts. Tell us your intent. You post outrage posts all the time so it would make plenty of sense this would be another given recent news on him. We aren’t mind readers.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s exactly how I felt after your post. I just put it in words.

Appreciate the visual though. Helps me make my point.

1 Like

Well your joke fell flat, other than the weird coincidence. Seriously, try to be more clear next time. Besides when it comes to weird videos with singers looking ridiculous, that video looks pretty tame.

1 Like

Btw, part of the problem is that Gary Glitter was in the news the day you posted this.

You mean you don’t randomly think about Gary Glitter? Weird.

And btw, after a little research, it seems it’s been known he’s been a predator since 1999. There was just a recent documentary.

1 Like

Oh man, I was on youtube and his video came up with others from the 80’s. Whatever…

Probably came up because he was in the news.

I thought about it every time the band would play “Rock & Roll” during a basketball game.

I believe our band has stopped playing it over the last couple of years. Finally.

1 Like