Georgia Vandy

So watching this while waiting for 7 pm to start and a couple things came to mind. First, Pippen Junior looks like dad and it is so weird hearing Scottie pippen being called by the announcers along with Jerry Stackhouse. Just takes me back to a better time in the NBA.

Next, how is Georgia bad with all their facilities and money?

And finally, has there ever been a good female announcer? I feel like they are just going to keep pushing this but I don’t know why. Are women tuning in now to watch sports because a lady is in the booth? Are women prone to that? Are there men out there that tune in to a game because of the announcer?

2 Likes

At the risk of turning this into the satellite, I am still waiting for the first good female announcer as well. With so many broadcast games now however, it’s getting harder to find many good announcers of either gender.

4 Likes

And yay. Our announcers are watching it from their house. That is always good.

2 Likes

The only one I can think of is the one that did Sunday Night Baseball…she was very knowledgeable and was natural. She did a good job.

For the others…they seem to all be trained to have the same voice that is almost painful to listen to. I can’t explain it but it’s this weird delivery that is very unnatural to listen to.

The closest similarity is to televangelists…they are taught to slow down their cadence and use select vocabulary…hence they all sound similar.

It is very weird.

3 Likes

Hannah Storm? Although I think she was just an ESPN desk jockey. :thinking:

I am from the Dr. Jerry Punch and Jack Arute era so don’t ask me.

I think there is a Marv Albert female announcer training course they have to go through before they force them on the air.

1 Like