Go Buckeyes!

Florida St. did not have James and another defensive starter. Do not know what they did to get pulled but James is a monster hitter and his absence helped the Louisville run game.

Oklahoma has scored exactly 17 points in each first half against Clemson, UH, and OSU. They scored 0, 6, and 7 points in the second half of those games.

Oklahoma will not face another D like those 3 in the BIG12. OU will get their stats and scoring from here on and they could still win the BIG12.

I think that OU may very well win the big 12.

I think that would be humorous.

As long as OU wins the B12, we’re ahead of a p5 champ for a spot in the playoffs. Some people will makes excuses as to how the team changed by the end of the year and blah blah, but the majority will be on our side. Their OOC doesn’t matter for us as much as them being b12 Champs does. Now if we can beat Louisville, and they keep rolling, there’s no way we get left out. It’s just not possible, additionally if this happens I can bet you that we will be ranked above fourth place and skip Bama in the first game
lots of ifs, but none of them are that crazy anymore.

Ok, 1-0, one game at a time, head down and focused, etc., etc. I get all that, but it’s fun for us–AS FANS–to theorize and hypothesize about the future.

That said, let’s assume we make the playoffs and so does Alabama. For now, let’s not worry about who else gets in. Just that we will play Bama in one of the two games. Would you rather play Bama in the first game while we’re fresh, or in the NC game when both teams are physically a little beat up from the first playoff game? Culture vs. Preparation if you will. I’m thinking if we’re going to play Bama, I want them first so we have more time to game plan for them.

Thoughts?

Depends on who else makes it, but I would rather play Bama 2nd if it comes to that. 1) It means we made the Finals and 2) Saban is a mastermind and giving him more time to prep for us will only make it harder and he doesn’t need the help with the talent on that roster.

One thing in our favor is that Deshaun Watson carved up the Bama D last year which bodes well for Greg Ward. Question would be is can our D hold them?

I would go for second game as well.