Grateful

I know it’s a tough loss in a game we could have won, and I’m super sad about it. But Im also feeling grateful that we have the type of team that fights to the bitter end. Losing TA and JT was so hard this season. And losing Jamal in this game was just a real kick in the gut. But this team kept fighting and was right in it to the very end of the game. I’m grateful for this team, and I’m grateful for this culture.

Thank you Seniors!

Thank you Coaches!

31 Likes

Absolutely. Love this team. Nothing will change that. We were unlucky tonight. Is what it is.

11 Likes

Agree. I think we’re in the Final Four had Shead not been hurt. Couldn’t ask for more from the basketball program these past years.

16 Likes

They were one best player not getting hurt away from making the final four, pretty good.

1 Like

It’s okay to feel the hurt right now. But don’t forget to experience the joy that this season was — these guys worked hard to bring us joy this season and they did a phenomenal job.

Punching the B12 in the mouth in our first season; our second First Team AA in as many seasons; the amazing win over the Aggies.

I’m hurting right now, but this team will stick with me forever.

13 Likes

Such a likable team. Gutted iit out.

2 Likes

Amen…

2 Likes

A full squad (TA & Tugler)could of beaten UConn and Purdue. UH was probably the 3rd best team if Shead had stayed healthy though.

Tugler was really good for a true frosh!!!

8 Likes

Could very well be.

2 Likes

I actually thought with the injuries this season, not including Shead’s, a realistic ceiling for UH was the Elite Eight. Shead’s injury obviously changed that. Even with Shead’s injury, UH’s culture had them fighting until the very end.

The Duke loss does not diminish UH’s successful season. UH was regular season B12 champions their first year of eligibility. UH had the B12 COY and POY. UH’s national reputation as a basketball force only grew this season.

Lots to look forward to next season.

7 Likes

Well said.
Only the rational hoop crowd in this thread so far.

This team & the Mich prayer shot teams will be the great "whatt if "teams of the Samp Era for me.

5 Likes

Great season Coogs.

:heart:

Thank you seniors!

10 Likes

All good. Let’s move on. What if. Sliding doors

1 Like

Given the roadblocks and obstacles this team has overcome then I can’t be mad at all. This team has achieved more than what could reasonably be expected of asked for. I’m feel bad for the guys in how it ended but still immensely proud they went down fighting.

5 Likes

Awesome group of players, hell of a team.

2 Likes

Yes, it was a tough loss, but with half the team out – especially Shead – it is more understandable. I know what it is to have that gut wrenching loss, but tonight’s loss doesn’t compare to the last second loss to NC State in the championship game. Being a Coog is hard cheese.

2 Likes

Great, now I have to live the rest of my life without seeing the Coogs win a national championship in basketball.

2 Likes

Don’t say that you you don’t know what next year will bring.

These past few years were now or never opportunities, CKS isn’t going to be around forever.