Great Game Fouls

I had no problems with most of the fouls in the first half. ATM was attacking and often caught us out of position. The second half especially the end was what pissed me off. The jump ball before the end of regulation had me ready to jump through the TV.

8 Likes

On reddit a lot of aggie fans were surprised that we pulled away so easily in OT, but its entirely because the game went back to being an actual basketball game, instead of that full court press & jack up a three baby crap they were pulling for the last 2 minutes of gametime.

1 Like

That had to be the quickest jump ball call in history.

11 Likes

The jump ball call was criminal. If that’s a jump ball then every contested rebound is a jump ball. The ref physically called it when we had the ball and no Aggie even was close to touching it.

And while Aggy was aggressive they also flopped and flailed looking for calls all night long. This included the game tying triple when the guy kicked his legs out trying to make contact with Mylik. I’ve seen that called on us multiple times this season.

And don’t forget the VERY CLEAR push off on LJ that wasn’t called but then a phantom one was called on LJ.

Last night’s officiating was gross.

10 Likes

Posted this in the game thread but thought it belonged here: We’ve only ever had 12 players ever foul out in a tournament game, 4 of them were last night. 33% happened in one night. :thinking:

4 Likes

I agreed with Jay Wright about the first half… but he of all coaches should know that we expect the tournament to be more laissez faire. I was more disappointed that we didn’t drive the lane and draw fouls the way they were doing. We fixed it in the second half, but it meant that Shead wasn’t guarding Wade as closely and let him get a few points. That said, it let them close up and tie. Tough trade off for a game planner.

1 Like

Whats really bad is we were backing up as they drove, we weren’t impeding their progress to the basket. That’s not what a foul is. Just awful.

They wouldn’t have called it.

Maybe not but i did wish we would have tried it to find out. Thought we wasted about 5 minutes shooting a 3 with 18 on the shot clock and no rebound, over and over. Could have had a bigger halftime lead.

I agree on that.

Most, if not all, of our personal fouls were probably legit. Not that aTm shouldn’t have been called for more than they were, but still.

But the jump ball at the end, yeah, that was bad. Our guy clearly had 100% control of the ball on that rebound, and they called a jump ball, allowing aTm an opportunity for a last second shot.

That was BAD.

4 Likes

Look at 1549 in the first half.

508 1st half, no foul there. 433 too. 415 they called Frances and it was Dunn

1 Like

They called at least 5 blocks in the first half on guys running parallel to the guy with the ball, when the handler veered into them. That isn’t a block, as a point of emphasis. And yet it was called repeatedly.

They called 3 or 4 blocks on guys running into a defender backing up. Again, not a foul, repeatedly called. Aggies repeatedly undercut our rebounders, no calls. This was an absolutely terribly called game.

4 Likes

The 2 games UH was called for the most fouls; 26 vs Xaiver, 28 vs Aggy.

Also, totally unrelated, but Lee Cassell was a ref in both those games.

15 Likes

Was Cassell the one who called the jump ball?

And to those claiming aggy earned more FTs in the first half because they took WAY more shots in the paint than UH

B#LLSH!T

10 Likes

Man, Facts matter!

1 Like

These people are unhinged. If they make a few of those 11 missed free throws in the first half, the Coogs don’t a have 5-point lead at halftime and might even be trailing. There was ample opportunity for A&M to take control of the game. Glad it was UH that ended their season. Will savor the win today, and then it’s onto Duke.

4 Likes

When the commentators at halftime brought up that there could have been more fouls called on Houston, My reaction was the descrepancy in # of fouls called on U of Hou vs the Ags?

4 Likes

Two games this clown has reffed. 85 minutes of basketball 101 combined fouls and 130 Free Throws!!!

Get this jack@ss out of the NCAA, what an absolute joke.

11 Likes