Greg Ward is back on the Eagles practice squad (again)

“Ward was originally a 2017 undrafted free agent addition and a former Houston Cougars quarterback who won the Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award in 2015 and two Second-Team All-AAC nods in 2015 and 2016. He landed in the City of Brotherly Love with goals of transitioning to the wide receiver position.

“Years later, he still owns a special place in all of our hearts…

“He’ll always be remembered for his game-winning reception in Washington during Week 15 of the 2019 NFL season. That will live in the minds of Eagles fans forever. For his career, he’s appeared in 40 games with 13 starts. He’s hauled in 88 receptions for 768 yards while reaching the end zone ten times. Those numbers include what he’s done in two playoff games.

“Make no mistake about it. This is a solid reacquisition and, again, a nice piece that can provide valuable snaps if there are any roster emergencies.”

18 Likes

I hope he has a long and productive career then comes back to UH to coach QBs with Case.

6 Likes

One of the best leaders UH has had.

4 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this to happen.

1 Like

Even though the eagles are…flying Greg is unique. Super happy that he is healthy. That is the biggest news for me. Great news.

8 Likes

4th place in the best receivers the eagles ever had?

Sounds like trade bait