Group of 5 Mailbag: Which non-Power 5 players will be must-watch in 2019?

D’Eriq King, Houston quarterback: King had better numbers than UCF’s McKenzie Milton across the board last year, finishing with 2,982 passing yards, 674 rushing yards 36 touchdowns and six interceptions. With a quarterback-friendly head coach in Dana Holgorsen and his top receivers returning (and a defense that could lead to shootouts), King should have a ridiculous season if he stays healthy.

Patrick Taylor, Memphis running back: Taylor more than held his own last year, rushing for 1,122 yards and 16 touchdowns as Henderson’s backfield mate. Taylor has a 6-3, 223-pound frame and, with Henderson gone, should act as the bell cow without much experience behind him.

Mason Fine, North Texas quarterback: A four-year starter, Fine has thrown for more than 9,400 yards in his career and could finish in the top three in Conference USA history. His average yards per attempt and air yards per attempt have increased each year. Offensive coordinator Graham Harrell left for USC, but head coach Seth Littrell is a big part of the offense, and most of Fine’s passing targets come back.

2 Likes

Bump for the picture of King in that uniform. :+1:

6 Likes

Hope we see them again this season

3 Likes

Wish they were our full time uniforms.

11 Likes

I really think Patrick Taylor is a high draft pick if he stays healthy. With OU and Washington State on the schedule we don’t talk much about the UNT game, but that will be no gimme. Go Coogs!

1 Like

Agreed.

1 Like

I agree I love these uniforms. I am old school but the only change I would make is to use the bigger interlocked UH used in the early 90’s.

2 Likes

That would work for me.

Agreed. Think that would be perfect.

1 Like