Hang in there…

If that isn’t a Coog mantra, I don’t know what is. It’s beautiful.

2 Likes

i have a checklist of coaching red flags and Dana has honestly hit all of them the lasr few weeks

1. not being able to properly asses your own team

2. overhyping your own accomplishments… bragging about last year with no context…like schedule quality… (talked about how good we were last year, and how everyone loved his coaching then)

3. no true ambition - the ambition is to get back to par… noted the issue was not closing out close games and we don’t need major changes … not closing out close games is the par… Real ambition is why are we even playing close games with texas tech (on backup qb), rice and tulane (on 3rd string qb) on year 4, the issue isn’t closing out alone… also called the kansas game a close game, that was a beat down.

i don’t not sense fire and passion from dana… i sense, “i want to win, but i like doing it my way and comfortable with that, im sticking with it no matter what”. not the “im willing to do whatever it takes to be elite no stone unturned”

6 Likes

Listened to the presser, he’s delusional. It’s not a play here or a play there. The play calling is predictable, the offense can’t produce and the defense is a sieve. Hate to imagine if Tulane’s starting QB had gone what the score might have been. Basically we’re not changing anything, gotta coach hard and play hard. In all of our 3 over time games we had the games won and include Rice in there too because that was the same ending we just got lucky. When your defense can’t stop a team from driving the length of the field with a minute or less there’s a HUGE problem coach.

1 Like

Some of you who replied to my comment are defending CDH for his comments, Cincy, BYU & UCF will be way better at the start of the B12 than we are and it’s not even close

Not sure why some of you guys are still defending him for his comments… so you think that Cincy/UCF/BYU are only recruiting for the now (in terms of conference) as supposed to the future… give me a break

4 Likes

Agree, but we pretty much bid against ourselves.

That said, we didn’t make HC decisions based on fear of someone leaving. We’ve failed every time we focused on that.

This has been a theme for the past year. Folks pretending that Cincy and UCF aren’t killing it (on paper) with recruiting. With 12 wins last year people could lie to themselves that our recruits would be coached up to compete with them, but not anymore.

2 Likes

Lol

There’s that word again. Captain Ahab and his merry men.

denialist ,fixed it. Robin Hood Men in Tights

6 Likes

I assume suggested in jest… for folks that think CDH has issues we’d be adding drunken pole assassin oriented coach in Sumlin.

1 Like

I don’t know that the game has passed him by. I think his philosophy changed going from an OC to HC. And I think he’s one those countless coaches who was great as a coordinator but not as a head coach

Only with about 40% of it . . . . .

On the matter of recruiting failure . . . . . This has been a problem for years and years. Much of it was due to frequent coaching changes. Much of it was due to conference affiliation. Some of it due to past administrations. Some of it due to small fan base. Some of it due to on field performance. Each and every one of these items, plus additional ones (I’m sure) have caused UH to have recruiting classes that are, for the most part, sub par. Our teams have been able to, in some instances, overcome superior talent with effort and by carrying a big chip on their shoulders. Go, Coogs . . . . . Big 12 will be fun, and hopefully profitable in many ways . . . . .