Happy 98th Birthday Jimmy Carter!

I always remember Lefties on the old politics board looking the other way and being dismissive about all that stuff.

I can only hope that they’ve changed.

Apparently the Presidential rankings people haven’t.

I have 97 on ignore. Not into arguing with a semi-sentient brick wall. Biden has accomplished a great deal already. He’s passed major legislation through a 50-50 Senate: the Infrastructure bill (largest public works bill since the Interstate Highway System), Inflation Reduction and Climate Act, Chips and Science Act, first major gun safety law in decades, American Rescue Plan, etc. and he got us out of Afghanistan. Inflation was built into the mix after Covid. That’s a worldwide phenomenon. But I don’t really know where he’ll end up ranked. No one can say at this point.

1 Like

He tried to bail out of Ukraine until the president said i need guns not a ride, lol

This…it’s a major plus in my opinion as well. We had no business staying so long.

At least he lived long enough to not be the worst President of his lifetime

Also y2k had alot to do with it, companies were throwing tons of $ at y2k

Funny how in your last post, you posted THIS:

Biden’s accomplishments will almost surely rank him somewhere in the top 20.

Nice backtrack!

Also convenient how you seem to have brushed off Biden’s doubling down on Trump’s folly in Afghanistan and then botching the withdrawal so coyly.

Ignore me all you want. It won’t stop me from criticizing your posts whenever they deserve it.

Thank goodness for Trump.

So, that’s a prediction and not a ranking.

He changed his prediction from “surely …somewhere in the top 20,” to “I don’t really know…no one can say,”…except he tried to say so.

Yes, it’s an equivocation/backtrack.

So anyway…Back to Jimmy…

The guy is a wonderful human being and many of the things said about him all my life have been overblown bits of bullshit.

He’s 10 times the man Reagan, W and Trump…fact. Well, probably 1000X the man Trump is.

I’d like to say that he’s a good guy, but then he calls Israel, the ONLY free, liberal, western style, pro-gay representative democracy in the Middle East, an “apartheid state,” or something to that effect, in his writings.

Hard to like the guy, given that.

Of the Presidents that I’m personally old enough to recall, he and Trump were the worst. It’s hardly any wonder that neither got re-elected (note to Trumpists: the election was legit, there is no evidence of significant fraud, and he legitimately got his butt kicked, and for very good reasons).

They are very much like an apartheid state when it comes to the Palenstinians though. That’s fact. Because they’re pro-gay shouldn’t mean they can get away with stealing land and suppressing people. Not sure why you think calling them out is wrong.

They should be called. No one is above reproach. He’s doing the right thing.

In fact, calling your friends out for their bad behavior is a noble thing. Everyone should strive to be better and having friends that will help you be better are best kinds of friends.

1 Like

Calling Israel an apartheid state is a mischaracterization of the highest order.

25% of Israeli citizens are Arabs and they enjoy all the same rights as any other Israeli citizens.

The founders of the “Trump Burger of Bellville” restaurant are just such an Israeli Arab family.

Does that surprise you?

https://www.trumpburgerusa.com

2 Likes

This is a lie that ignores the treatment of the Palestinians that continues to this day.

Most of those Palestinians aren’t Israeli citizens.

In any event, this is an interesting story:

Exactly. So they don’t have rights and are living under apartheid conditions forced on them by Israel.

No, they simply CHOOSE not to be Israeli citizens.

They would rather stand their ground and hope for some sort of separate country that will likely never materialize.

That’d be fine, except that the way they govern themselves, electing a jihadist group (Hamas) to rule them, engaging in terrrorism, being anti-gay and anti-freedom (Freedom House lists Israel as the ONLY “free” country in the Middle East), doesn’t exactly generate much sympathy for their independence movement.

If they took a different path and were a little more peaceful…then they might get a little more sympathy.

But because they don’t…they don’t get much.

2 Likes

That departure was like crapping glass and nails…