Happy 98th Birthday Jimmy Carter!

5 Likes

Great person, 2nd worst president after Brandon

3 Likes

Carter is ranked #26. Trump somehow avoided the very bottom by a few spots and is 41st. Biden’s accomplishments will almost surely rank him somewhere in the top 20.

2 Likes

Carter is generally accepted as the worst president. I think Brandon will pass him up

No he’s not. That’s just a stupid or ignorant (or possibly just very rigidly partisan) comment. Buchanan and Andrew Johnson are always rated at the bottom in the Presidential Historian Survey. Carter typically finishes in the middle.

1 Like

Worst in the modern era

Nope. Nixon, GW Bush, and Gerald Ford rank below Carter.

https://www.c-span.org/presidentsurvey2021/?page=overall

2017 rankings

1 Like

trump will go down as the worst, as he actively tried to destroy our democracy (Yes, I know Constitutional Republic). All who follow him will be historically looked upon as fools, much as we see you now…

5 Likes

After the Afghanistan debacle? Hey listen, I realize that Trump signed that stupid treaty, but Biden should still take crap for not repudiating it, doubling down on it, and then botching the exit.

And yes, inflation is still higher than the balls on a giraffe.

If Biden finishes in the Top 20 in the face of that, then it’s proof that there’s something wrong with the rankings, and they shouldn’t be taken seriously.

I will give Biden credit for making all of the right moves in Ukraine though.

As for Trump, yeah, he belongs near the bottom.

Biden may not belong that low, but he’s certain not a top half President, all things considered.

No, he’s not except on AM radio talk shows.

1 Like

Biden’s been POTUS less than 2 years…his policies are just now taking effect. Any ranking is completely premature.

If so, then SamHouston shouldn’t be making such a prediction.

As for those 2017 rankings, then don’t seem to give enough weight to foreign policy and military affairs, which, under the Constitution, are among the President’s biggest responsibilities.

For example, LBJ is ranked #10 despite the VIETNAM DEBACLE, which he’s largely responsible for.

Carter isn’t near the bottom despite the Iran hostage crisis and botched rescue attempt, which he should be, given that he authorized it AGAINST the advice of his own cabinet members. There’s a reason he got ROUTED in such humiliating fashion during his re-election attempt.

On other issues, Clinton is there despite being impeached, being caught in lies, and having been successfully sued for sexual misconduct.

Kinda makes you wonder!

It is but they’ll have to be taken into account in the eventual rankings. And Afghanistan should rightfully ding him. If Ukraine and other policies turn into huge successes then it will in effect wash out that. But trying to rank him now is like declaring a draft pick a bust after a rookie season.

I don’t know if it’ll wash it out.

It might keep him out of the bottom, but shouldn’t raise him above the middle, especially given the inflation issues we continue to have. We’ll see though.

Coogcheese is right…it’s premature. It ain’t over 'til it’s over.

Happy Birthday!

See bold above.

Clinton may have been President at the time of that great economy, but he had nothing to do with it.

He was simply fortunate to be President at the time of the “dot.com” boom; one which he should NOT take any credit for, because he had nothing to do with it, and wasn’t responsible for it.

I’ll give Clinton credit for winning the Kosovo War in spectacular fashion.

But where are all the “Me Too” people with respect to Clinton? Was he not successfully sued by victims of “Me Too” type misconduct?

Just sayin’! Why aren’t they all off his bandwagon? Why aren’t they all condemning him?

Just askin’!

This can be said of every single president. But it’s not. If people are going to hype Reagan for economic success of private enterprise then Clinton gets the same treatment and it was better.

Oh, and there were LOTS of women from the left unhappy with Bill. You’re just conveniently not remembering them.