Have a bad feeling about St. Louis

Just no budget for TV marketing. Too expensive and the results are pretty poor outside of big football games. Not enough people watch local programming anymore.

Social media is still the biggest bang for the buck that the marketing department can get, especially since it’s free. Everything has proven to be a crapshoot.

2 Likes

Gotcha! I was thinking the same. The price of them are not worth the trouble.

How many people listen to the average sports radio broadcast in Houston? 10,000? I know that’s probably low but, hell, i don’t know.

If you are on Facebook and you receive postings from any Cougar site, you should share the posts with all of your “friends”. I do so frequently.

The game is still not SOLD OUT but the seats available have gotten down considerably.

Seems to be a few hundred on stubhub still

Coogs are favored by 8.

I was not expecting this game to be sold out because I know Houston and Coog fans, but I still expect a good attendance. As long as there is a decent crowd that is noticeable in noise I will be ok with it.

So he is a hoarder of practice notes. Hey, every coach has a quirk. As long as we don’t have to call that Hoarders TV show on him lol. This does show a glimpse at why his teams are so prepared.

line has now moved to UH -9

Saint Louis is good! So we can’t afford a let down. But I think they are hungry to prove that they are a really good team - there will be no let down. That doesn’t mean I’m calling a win though. We have to shoot well. We need Hinton attacking the rim and Brady has to play better in the post. I can’t for Fa White to get his groove back - he can turn into a great player. Go COOGS REBOUND

1 Like

Lost by two to Pitt in Brooklyn.
Beat The Hall by two in Jersey.
Beat rival Butler by 12 at home. SLU had 30 FTs in that game! They also had eight blocks. Four by #5 - Carte’Are Gordon.

I hope the crowd is good, but who knows? If it makes coogfans feel any better, SMU beat Georgetown today in DC in front of 6500 fans in the 20,000 seat Capital One arena. Five K tomorrow in the Fertitta Center could be very loud.

1 Like

I’m not sure what everyone sees in Fabian White, was not impressed last year and not so far this year, seems uncertain what to do with the ball many times especially in the paint. Now Hinton is a different story, even as a freshman he has the IT factor and will be a stud for us, White maybe but I haven’t seen it yet

You will…

3 Likes

White came in today and played tough until the end. He will be just fine when he has shaken the rust off. The kid can play good defense and can shoot the rock. He is the closest thing we have to a “go to” guy around the basket IMO.
Today Hinton was careless with the ball and he played only three minutes You tell coach was visibly upset with him as he warmed the bench.
This team is no where close to being what it will be. St. Louis is a very good team and played perhaps even better defense than we did. St. Louis has a well rounded team and will be a tourney team…

7 Likes

Spot on, Butch , on all counts

“I don’t know what everyone sees in Fabian White”. SMDH

1 Like

Fabian White is good. Him and Carsen Edwards from Purdue used to beast at Atascosita.

White has real potential. He was key during our comeback against LSU.
He has a very sweet shot when he has confidence. I think I see improvement in him. Waiting for a breakout game.

Fabian has all the potential to be as good as Devin Davis as an offensive player, but higher upside on the defensive end. Devin was a Senior last season while Fabian is a true sophomore who broke his foot in June and was very limited for over 4 months

1 Like