Have a bad feeling about St. Louis

I think our home winning streak and undefeated record is in serious danger Sunday. We could very well have a letdown after the big win over LSU. Judging by how many tickets are left it looks like our fans don’t respect how good St. Louis is and we may not have that much of a home court advantage. Hopefully the students show up even though it is winter break.

Tell your coworkers about the game and bring a neighbor or friend with you.

1 Like

It will be a wall banger. That’s for sure. But I love going toe-to-toe with quality every week. It reminds me of the 80’s. We played some serious competition back then: Illinois, Louisville, UNLV, Arkansas, Iowa St., LSU, DePaul, and on and on. We belonged back then.

I’m getting that feeling again.

I don’t see a letdown. Sampson said in the post-game on the radio that St. Louis will be the toughest team we have faced. You can tell he is already emphasizing to the team that this will be a physical test on Sunday. Let’s just hope the refs let the teams play and try not to be the center of attention. The Coogs are going to need to press and push the ball down the floor to not give St. Louis time to set up on defense. They might be bigger but we probably will have a speed advantage. We will need our bigs to crash the boards as they have been and we will be ok.

2 Likes

My concern is the team is may have “over exerted itself in beating LSU. SLU is really good and physical. We will have to dig really deep to win pull out another bruiser.

Wake up from that dream

My concern is that fans only show up to see the big name opponents and we will have 2k with a 5k crowd announced… :face_with_hand_over_mouth::pensive:

1 Like

We will lose a game. This isn’t football. We lost 9 games last year and had a great season. Like all great coaches CKS is building a team for March, not December.

7 Likes

It has been this way for 30 years !!

Many so called cougar fans think that we are BB royalty…and that playing teams they never heard of…St Louis, Utah State, and so on…are road kill !!!

Fortunately the coaches and players know better.

Will have to win with a meager, but loud crowd. Hope the students show !

However…We win !!

1 Like

Get outta here with that nonsense!!! 40-0 baby, Go! Coogs!

4 Likes

I feel like this will be a prediction every game until we finally lose a game. It’s like websites/media predicting every day where a coach will go next based on unnamed sources because they aren’t held responsible for getting it wrong 100 times but feel rewarded the 1 time they get it right.

These kids went undefeated at home when it wasn’t their home and there were 2k fans in the stands. By game time they will have been home 6 days, practiced on the court all those days and have played a game on the court too. Even if it’s a 2k crowd, they still have home court and they still have several wins under their belt this year against teams equally talented as Saint Louis.

With Harris, White and Jarreau healthy this team has enough depth to overcome physical teams and bad refs. I think will be a favorite every game up until we play at Temple. just need to be and stay healthy.

8 Likes

Dis

They still haven’t put a whole game together at Fertitta Center. Hoping for a blow out win and confidence booster by defeating St Louis.

StL is 7-2, with some real wins. They’ve beaten Seton Hall, Butler, and Oregon State. This will be another serious game.

2 Likes

ESPN MATCHUP PREDICTOR gives us an 87.2% chance of winning. Only been wrong on us once. Picked us to lose to BYU. Hope their right!

1 Like

Yep, their center is nice. We’re playing teams with serious size.

All on the road…

27-8 during 2017/18 season. 24-6 regular season. 2 losses in Post season.

Not true, one was neutral. But I catch ur drift.

Hope the local media pimps it tomorrow.

I wish we had those low budget commercials back promoting the basketball games; Or the local newscasts promoting games often. So much someone can do on social media.