He gone - King enters transfer portal

Kid had four OCs and played two positions in three wildly different offenses in his time here. He put in his four years and got his degree. That makes him a coog for life in my book. How many of y’all got a Masters somewhere else?

6 Likes

@bonebigt

I just have a hard time believing that this kid would want to have to learn another offense. That baffles me… I’m disappointed that we sat him. We would have been bowl eligible.

Holgerson just pissed me off.

1 Like

We have possibly the best defense showing up this season and some good receivers and an excellent one coming back and one unstoppable Rb …

But our QB situations looks like death warmed over …

Oh well adios DK … I actually figured he was history originally but believe all the hype that he was staying … hopefully this is the last nail on a miserable coffin of a weekend …

2 Likes

I got a masters somewhere else. I also didn’t hold a press conference saying likewise to a fan base that has been stabbed in the back countless times before.

4 Likes

Players leave programs all the time when there is a coaching change. This just is magnified because he was the starting QB multiple years.

1 Like

It makes no sense for Dana to allow King to look like he is helping the program but preserving his final year and know that King would transfer.

Dana is not Major or Tony…he wouldn’t do that for someone quitting on the team. If this really was a joint decision, then King just crossed up Dana. For which, I can understand the raw emotions. No idea what has been circulating through the program this season with this drama. Finally over though…

3 Likes

That handshake business only works with Sinatra.

Can’t trust anyone else we have lost our culture.

4 Likes

King did not look great in the games he played in. Also the rest of the depth and injuries wouldn’t of changed. It was still the right call to go with the red shirt plan. Going to some low tier bowl is not work the long term plan of the program.

4 Likes

Grad transfer importance ticked up a bit with this… Only QB i know that’s out there is the Tech transfer that was originally headed to Tulane.

Well, I thought he would be staying since he didn’t enter the portal after graduation. However I knew today was the real day with classes starting. Thanks, King, for your time here and congratulations on your graduation. I hope this isn’t a decision you will regret as I know we were all looking forward to watching you play next year. I’m not having a meltdown though, not happy about this but we will overcome.

3 Likes

Should we open back up the read between the lines thread?

1 Like

I really hope he goes to Arkansas. Gonna be hilarious when he wins one game.

10 Likes

Now that King has decided to leave, GoCoogs can reveal information we’ve known since that time: the “plan” to redshirt King did not originate with Dana Holgorsen nor was it first discussed on the day after the Tulane game. The plan originated with Eric King himself.

According to two sources, Eric King contacted UH AD Chris Pezman in the days before the Tulane game to inform him that if UH lost to Tulane, D’Eriq would “shut it down” and redshirt the rest of the season. One of our sources insisted we not release the info unless King decided to enter the portal.

The stunning, last-second loss to Tulane dropped the UH record to 1-3. When the redshirt plan was revealed, Holgorsen said he met with D’Eriq the day after Tulane to discuss redshirting and that he came up with the plan himself.

3 Likes

Might not have to learn a new offense if he goes to ourkansas

Wow, what a s*** show…

1 Like

If, what go Coogs reports is true did Dana get played?

1 Like

If that is the case, it seems like he shut it down before the Tulane game.

5 Likes

What a day. Astros news and now king. OH! And the Texans got shellacked! I need a sports break. Houston sports wear you out.

5 Likes

This sounds like something right out of college basketball with the AAU pimps

4 Likes

I will point out, in thinking about the timing. He waited until the 4thQ of the CFB Championship game to announce this, when he could have quietly done it with class at any other time.
Not cool.

10 Likes