Held ball

I normally don’t criticize officials because I know it is a tough job. I didn’t pay much attention last night because I was too caught up . That held ball before the Aggie three should never have been called. By the letter of the rule it was not a held ball.

9 Likes

Yep they blew that one. Horrible call.

2 Likes

Neither the A&M player nor Walker had both hands on the rebound, I don’t believe. It was a quick whistle since the game was about to end.

4 Likes

Officials have to stop anticipating calls. Be late on the whistle to avoid anticipating. An anticipation call screwed Samford out of a potential upset over Kansas too. Officials at this level have to be better than this.

6 Likes

Exactly. I get a quick held ball whistle in a 7th grade game but not on this stage at this level.

Terrible call, especially in that situation in a game like last nights. Shead’s foul in OT was also bad. If that’s a foul than there are fouls on almost every contested shot.

I know some (lots of?) folks think the refs are either in the take or are just out to screw us, my take is that the athletes today have so much more athleticism, physicality and quickness that the current game is beyond their ability to call.

2 Likes

They were trying to help the Ags extend the game, to give them a chance and another chance and another chance to hang with us to make the game as close as possible so that it would be as thrilling as possible! I think these refs want the game to come to the last second just like it was last night! Maybe their bosses at the NCAA and the TV networks tell them to officiate in such a way to make it exciting for TV viewers, I’m not sure. Whatever it was they definitely didn’t officiate according to the rules. If they did no way A$M would have been able to pull off what they did to tie the game and take the game to overtime. So many fouls on the Coogs were also very questionable!

2 Likes

There isn’t a full replay of the game yet but I wouldn’t be shocked if they got that call during the last TV timeout in regulation lol.

How they go from letting the teams play for 90% of the second half to rewarding most of the A&M flailing when a defender is within 5 ft of them, the phantom tie-up on Mylik, and them even being reluctant to calling their intentional fouls is beyond me lol

This video is full of bs, plenty to wonder about with the refs but this video wants to put the players in on it

How about the shot LJ blocked that resulted in his 5th foul?

3 Likes

You may have a point there. Just going from Jr. High to High School is tough. I can only imagine trying to keep up with these athletes for 40 minutes.

The thing about conspiracy theories is, if you’ve worked in military/ government/ higher ed, there’s nobody competent enough to pull it off while still appearing to do their actual job, let alone the casts of thousands who would have to pull all the little levers and still be kept quiet. It’s mostly well meaning people operating under mushroom leadership, directed by people who can’t drive or tie their shoes for lack of practice.

Never ascribe to malice what can be explained by incompetence.

1 Like

Normally if you get the block they don’t call the foul that comes from contact after.