"Hey your team is ranked pretty high"

I try to wear my cougar gear pretty often out here in LA. A lesson my Dad instilled in me. Today a guy at the park yelled “Hey your team is ranked pretty high”
Thats a cool feeling. Thanks Coogs basketball. Anybody else getting compliments about our team?

15 Likes

I had my UH face mask on at Kelsey Seybold today, and 5 or 6 people commented on how good our basketball team was or flashed the Cougar Claw.

7 Likes

My optometrist is a Baylor alum and we talked about both programs during my check up. He was telling me how much he enjoyed watching the team and he roots for UH as long as they don’t play Baylor.

5 Likes

Just left our timeshare at Tilman’s LC Golden Nugget. Yesterday, wore my red UH shirt and today was wearing my “We are Houston” mask and two times had a “Go Coogs!” thrown our way. Nice feeling.

2 Likes

My in-laws live in Ohio. My mother-in-law is a huge Buckeye fan. I called my father-in-law two days ago to discuss home improvement issues and she assumed I was calling her to discuss Cougar basketball (which I have never done).

5 Likes

I live in Chapel Hill… I started talking to Mr. Eddie, owner of Timeout restaurant which is across the street from the UNC campus, this past summer about college basketball and told him we were going to be a force to be reckoned with… Last weekend when I went in to get breakfast he said “How about those Cougars!”… You know we’re good when people in Chapel Hill notice.

6 Likes

Jcoog9,

Did he go to UH Optometry school?

There aren’t many such schools in the country.

Kyle would be interested in meeting up. I’m in Charlotte and love for their to be a group of loyal Coogs in NC

2 Likes

A few years back I gave my Aggie nephew, who now lives in Racine Wisconsin a UH cap to put in his man cave, turns out a guy he works with is from Ohio, the guy saw The Coogs play in The Tulsa Regional and is smitten with CKS coaching style. They both are all wrapped up in this years Coogs, I sent both of them some UH Logo Facemasks. They wear them to the office. He tells me that even The guys from Wisconsin give props to the Coogs! EATEMUPCOOGS!

6 Likes

My optometrist has on her website that she graduated from the “prestigious University of Houston School of Optometry”

3 Likes

Just looked at his bio and he did graduate from UH school of Optometry. Glad you brought that up :joy:

1 Like

UH Optometrist school is rank #1/#2 in the nation so “prestigious” is perfectly appropriate. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Baylor does not have an Optometry school, so your optometrist also went to UH.

Let’s do it!

I’m hoping we can start getting some of these NC schools to schedule us in basketball…

I’m now in Charlotte. Could be fun to watch games together after Covid.

1 Like

My eye doctor (who I rarely ever go to with no issues) is a UH grad. When he first found out I went to UH he told me most optometrists in the state went there. It’s kind of like how most veterinarians in the state went to A&M.

Always great to have Coogs to take care of one of the most important human senses/organs and Aggies to be there to express my dog’s anal glands.

7 Likes

Always great to have Coogs to take care of one of the most important human senses/organs and Aggies to be there to express my dog’s anal glands.

Well said!

LMFAO :rofl::rofl::rofl:

‘… and that will $150’ :wink:

1 Like

we need to enjoy this ride bc being a top 10 team in bb is huge bc it’s it’s one of the 2 major sports in any programs and I never thought we’d be back.

BB is huge and it’s the sport with no limitations to the NC for UH.

Go Coogs!