Hinchliffe (WOW)

6 Likes

Paraphrasing, when asked about his running method, he said “I try to run like there is a dog chasing me.” :joy:

4 Likes

Maswanganyi (as well):bomb::boom:

2 Likes

Beginning of the season Hinchliffe was running 10.4.

I think it was at the Big 12 Championships just a few weeks ago he set a PB of 10.14.

Then he blows out a 9.84 (wind aided) at the NCAA Regionals, and follows up with a National Championship at 9.95 (wind legal).

That a hell of a lot of improvement in a short amount of time.

Fastest golfer ever? :joy:

6 Likes

At this rate he’ll be running sub 9’s his senior year!

2 Likes

He’s gonna need some faster dogs for that…

The only “sub nine” in history was Bob Hayes at 8,9 in 100 yards. Officials had hard time believing their stop watches, so they officially recorded that run at 9.1.

Come to UH and get coached by a legend!

1 Like

Louie made the Great Britian Olympic Team. He won the 100 meter at their Olympic Trials in 10.18 seconds. Just posted 20 minutes ago.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Amazing leap he took this year.

He set a PB of 10.16 about six weeks ago.

Since then he’s run a 9.84 (not wind legal), a 9.95 (wind legal), won an NCAA national championship, won the English national championship, and made the Olympic team.

What did you do in the last six weeks???

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Congrats! Will be the one event where I’ll be rooting against the US.

2 Likes

Nice article on our latest star.

Also, he’ll face some serious competition this weekend in the Diamond League in London:

2 Likes

This morning at the London Diamond League competition, Hinchliffe had a good second leg on the 4x100 m relay as part of GBR’s A team. They were leading going into the anchor leg but couldn’t make the final exchange and DNF the race.

Hinchliffe will take on Noah Lyles and English national record holder Zharnel Hughes in the 100m finals within the next hour (by 10 am Houston time).

EDIT: Hinchliffe with a respectable 4th place finish at 9.97. Noah Lyles wins in a PB of 9.81. Great field there, great experience for Louie on a big stage in preparation for the Olympics.

1 Like