Hobby Airport

You digressed from the convo that was ongoing, pretty clearly.

But I have no idea how the on-site bookstore and UH connection works. I do know there used to be multiple bookstores on campus (maybe there still is but at least one them has been closed for years). But there is always one in the UC that seems more official for lack of a better word.

I don’t understand this at all. I’ve seen the merch in the kiosk, what about it makes it seem like a knock off?

It is not a joint venture. It is a contract. It has been a long time since I looked at a contract for that but at the time I did, they do kick back a percentage to the school. It was a guarantee of a minimum payout per year. If you didn’t already know this about me, I was an assistant manager at Rother:s at one point at UH.

There has only ever been one on campus bookstore. But that store has had smaller satellite locations in the past, usually for specific stuff, or when they ran the athletics store. Any other store was technically off campus.

I assumed the retail area across from the wellness center and where rothers used to be was on campus. I can see the latter not being for sure and you would definitely know better.

The retail area across from the Wellness center where The Den is, is privately owned. Same for the retail area where Pink’s is (or was?). Everything else on that side of campus is owned by the school or the state highway dept.

I guess that makes sense. You’re not going to develop something that’s not yours.

I wonder how he knows what is legit and what is a knock off.

I don’t fly that often out of Hobby, but it has become a nicer airport experience.

What about the website same arrangements? I always bought from the store or on line knowing about the association. The kiosk stuff looked horrible the last time I saw the products.

@92010Coogs

But how did you know they were knock offs?

The website for the bookstore is part of the bookstore.

Obviously your opinion. I saw nothing wrong with the Kiosk stuff. Was pretty basic designs but not in a bad way. You’d find some stuff just like it or pretty similar at the bookstore among their selection.

It seems your evaluation was, these designs are basic, I don’t like them, this isn’t the on campus bookstore, so they have to be knockoffs. If that is how you came to the conclusion, then I think the flaw in your logic is pretty obvious.

Although considering you called Hobby Airport “rundown”, it shouldn’t be surprising that what you think are “knockoffs” are most likely properly licensed.

I did snap this at IAH the other week… out front of the store, but big part of back wall was all a&m and ut

2 Likes

A bunch of rundown knockoffs though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Wow. Suddenly you’re able to see right through “liars”.

Fake knock offs…per 90210.

1 Like

This looks very similar to the display I saw in Hobby.

Knock offs, all of it.

1 Like

Glad, ecstatic that these are for sale. The last time I saw even 1/10th of this display was probably about four five years ago. Does this have anything to do with March madness.? It might but keep telling the store Mgr that we/alums love to see this.

So this was a lie?

Which is correct?

1 Like

Anticipated deflection guaranteed.

1 Like

I came in through hobby for the UT / UH football game and was amazed by the amount of Houston representation.

There were University of Houston banners (several) hanging in the terminal.

The kiosks were full of Coog gear. We bought two hats.

2 Likes

We have arrived!