Hobby Airport

Just there, didn’t have time to grab a picture but the CNBC store had a four way rack out front prominently positioned with Cougar shirts and hats. I think both sides had Cougars but I didn’t have time to look at the other side.

I hope that isn’t temporary. I will probably buy one on my way back just to encourage them to continue. Texas shirts were further towards the back of the store.

3 Likes

I have been to Hobby four times in the last three years. I have never seen UH gear. I do see some knock offs sweaters, beanies at the kiosk now and then but that is it. I think you are pulling our leg and you must work for the Hobby traveling visitors authority. Hence the propaganda message. Shame on you.

Those aren’t knockoffs., don’t be silly. But yes typically that is what I see is what’s in the kiosk or sometimes a hat in one of the vending machines.

I encourage you to fly in to Hobby tomorrow and check it out. Buy some gear, go to a baseball game, then go back home.

2 Likes

You did not take pictures. You therefore dustin have been caught in the act to promote a run down airport. They did look like knock offs.
I asked the attendant at the cnbs store:
What about some UH gear? I asked every time. Never saw any. and you, yes you are telling us they have some now??? I smell manure, lol.

You said you were there 4 times in the last three years AND you still call it a run down airport? I think it is you who are making things up.

I’m not saying the airport is the height of luxury but when I think of run down airports, Hobby doesn’t even come to mind.

The manure you’re smelling is your own.

4 Likes

Why in the world would he do that? What a weird accusation.

2 Likes

Maybe he thinks I’m promoting the Oakland airport.

1 Like

Bunch of knock offs I tell ya.

Run down airports. L.A… went through it first time ever this year coming back on international flight…man talking about run down.

2 Likes

A certain poster picks a fight over merch (alleged!) at an airport gift shop?

I fly in and out of Hobby almost weekly. It is far from run down. Do I wish the Pappas restaurants were still there? Yes. I’ll take Hobby any day over Bush.

4 Likes

@92010Coogs run down? Tell me you have not flown to hobby without telling me you havent flown to hobby

Hobby Airport is the only North American airport with a 5-star Skytrax rating with George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) keeping its 4-star Skytrax rating for a seventh straight year. The announcement came during the 2024 Skytrax World Airport Awards in Frankfurt, Germany on Wednesday, April 17.

1 Like

You people are so BBBing uptight. I was joking but regarding Hobby it is not in great shape that is a given. Regarding UH merchandise I have tried every single time to find one, two any but to no avail. Again the only ones i found was from a kiosk and did look like knock offs. When I fly through or to Hobby I make it a point to ask the stores about UH merchandise and ask them to get some. I do it because it needs to be done by all of us alum. Put pressure on these stores. Some might say: they don’t have it because it does not sell. Why don’t you have it and see if it sells?

Dustin is telling you they have it right now.

1 Like

You know he is going to double down on knock offs.

Now and?
They must hide them when I come into town. Peulease.

Are you calling Dustin a liar?

They are there now. You got your wish. Be happy about it. Maybe all the asking you’ve been doing helped make it happen.

1 Like

You know what I do when it comes to UH goods? I buy them from our bookstore on line. You want to know why?
Because I know my money is going back to U of H.
I always make it a point to ask at IAH or Hobby so they can have UH stuff for the “casual” fans that way it expends our university’s awareness.

You’re digressing but does UH own or run the bookstore on campus?

1 Like

What are you writing about digressing? I understand our bookstore is a “joint venture” but I would love some clarification on that. I would like to make sure whatever I buy the maximum of money can go back to U of H. That was my understanding. Does anybody know? Maybe that would be a good thread to open up and get clarification(s)