Home and car insurance

It’s that time again to shop around. For about the last 20 years, I have bounced back-and-forth between Liberty Mutual and Amica. It seems I can get a good three or four years out of each before they decide to be non-competitive and I go back to the other. I do not mind paying a small premium for good service, which both have provided, but was wondering if there were any companies that I should call on this go-round to save a few bucks.

I shop every few years too. This round ended up with Travelers.

1 Like

I’m always amazed that providers ( insurance, internet providers, cell service, etc) offer specials
to new customers and take existing customers for granted. Guess the assumption is we are
too lazy to shop around and signup with new companies. Give me a loyalty discount and stop
the games.

4 Likes

Agree but I’m assuming the model works. Probably not enough people shopping it.

Brian Pool, huge Coog fan and tailgate organizer has handled my insurance for years. Gets better rates than I could. Now handles my moms and daughters as well.

brian@lonestarintegra.com

2 Likes

Brian Pool is the right answer

1 Like

He’s my agent as well.

1 Like

Geico gave a good bundle price to me last March. I’ll shop again next renewal though.

1 Like

With Allstate , you can sign up for pay as you go based on Mike’s you drive vs flat rates.

1 Like

What if you don’t drive any Mike’s?

That is a consideration, my mileage is way down.

Probably just for residents in New Jersey. Hence Jersey Mike’s. :grin::smile:

Meant they base it on Miles driven vs flat rate

Sorry typo

I also use Brian and been known to tailgate with him.

I went through this this year. They raised my rates so I called them and complained. The insurance company sent out a “Risk Assessment” surveyor, but I know in reality, they just want an excuse to charge even more. I shopped my policy around and my renewal was the cheapest.

I did too but slightly different scenario. I have
home and auto with Farmers. My auto went up
24%, with no tickets or accidents in over 10 years; home stayed the same !?!? Shopped
auto around but did not find anything better, so
I twiddled with the coverages to get back to a
little less.

One thing I like about both Amica and Liberty Mutual is that they will work with you on your house value, replacement cost. Really helps on cost and potential deductible.

House prices and car prices have shot up. Insurance is keeping pace