Home Schedule

I just now looked at our home schedule on our Athletics web site and currently all home games are scheduled for Saturday. Naturally no game times yet (TBA), but games on Saturday are much easier for wife and me and I am sure many other COOGFANs. Now we could get the screws with the TV networks slotting game times at 11:00, 1:00 or 3:00 for games prior to the middle of October.

6 Likes

I would expect some 11 a.m. kicks if we are worthy of TV.

I believe they just use Saturday as a default until actual game times are set…I would expect we would have some non Saturday games.

1 Like

Unpopular opinion but we could be in for a very tough season. I don’t see many Ws on the schedule. It;s a process.

4 Likes

I think the conference considers climate for scheduling times. I read somewhere they will try to give us/ucf/etc night games early in the season. In any case, remember to hydrate. Heat related illness is no joke. Start hydrating the day before. Wear a hat with a good brim and sunglasses. Long sleeve fishing shirts offer good, breathable, UV protection. Minimize alcohol consumption. Etc.

4 Likes

TBH, if we’re going to get 11:00 AM kickoffs, I wouldn’t mind seeing the team wear white jerseys at home. Let the other team bake in the Texas sun with a dark colored jersey.

2 Likes

I think last year all our September games were evening kickoffs but that doesn’t mean it won’t be hot especially in the first half of the games I know last year it was brutal at Rice Stadium and that was a 6pm kickoff.

They already set two games as non-Saturday. They were listed with the day options, but have now removed the different days and applied the Fridays to those on Friday. Pretty sure the games are all set for UH in terms of day.

I believe you are correct . It just so happens our non Saturday games were away games. I wonder if it was a coincidence or they took Houston traffic excuses as a reason for us to not have any? Hmmmmm

1 Like

Yes, the visitors bake at Rice Stadium with the sun in their faces.

It’s not like we’re the only ones that have it hot for day games, don’t you think it’s hot in College Station, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Tallahassee, Miami, etc? And yes, it’s humid there too.

Until all games started being on TV, all LSU home games and most away games were started at 8:00pm for that very reason. Most SEC games had similar schedules and didn’t play day games until late October or November. LSU’s first game wasn’t until the 3rd weekend of September. But they only played 10 games then and there weren’t 50+ bowl games.

1 Like

If you want to get a big payday, then you play when the media has time slots to fill. Simple as that.

Exactly why I sat on the home side. :joy:

2 Likes

When we were in the market for a stadium, were there any submissions for a domed 40Kish stadium? Just curious.

It may be unpopular but it may also be fact. I am not judging this season in wins. I looking for improvement on both sides of the ball.

2 Likes

As I’ve said before, EVERY NEW COACH (even Kelvin Sampson) is allowed to have a sucky team in their first season.

So if CWF doesn’t turn it around in year one, don’t give up hope!

5 Likes

I totally agree. I like Coach Fritz. I think he will win, just not next year. Ha

1 Like

True. I remember CBY saying …“you just have to demand that the players play better”. He and CWF are similar in this respect. No easy days !
Go Coogs !

2 Likes

Exactly. I want to see a focused, disciplined team that plays hard. The program was left in poor shape by the previous regime, and it will take CWF some time to build a winning culture. This year is about the players buying in, and putting in a great effort each and every down.

2 Likes

A domed 40Kish stadium would have cost several times our budget and I doubt very seriously anyone gave it a thought.

2 Likes