Honest thoughts after game 5?

I was pretty nervous going into the game. I thought Tulsa was a better team than they looked last night and maybe they are. I think we are a much better team than we were a month ago. I look forward to our team coming out the rest of the way with a huge chip on their shoulder, on both sides of the ball and special teams.

It definitely is the best win of the Holgy era. They need to build on this and not take a step backward next week.

1 Like

Who is McAllister?

1 Like

I’m sure he means McCaskill. Another one of those “Gary” Ward kinda things.

2 Likes

I think this is the first game I’ve see Tune hang back in the pocket and just fire away. I know that was out of necessity but maybe he’s just better when he’s not looking for an escape route. It also doesn’t hurt that the offensive line did a great job as well.

1 Like

I honestly think last night’s game featured the Houston team I have been waiting to see for 2 1/2 years. Congratulations to CDH, his staff, and the players. The offense was consistent and kept moving and the defense was flat out nasty. It would have been great to have kept that opening kickoff return, but the special teams played well after that. I also noticed CDH stayed fairly cool for the most part, and I was glad to see it too. If the offense can maintain that consistency UH will have a good chance against Tulane.

8 Likes

This is the way we need to enter the B12.

2 Likes

This was the team that hung 500 yds on Ohio St and outgained and almost beat Okie Lite. We had a complete game on both sides of the ball. Great D performance and a solid consistent O. We beat them by two more scores with a healthy Tune.

4 Likes

No the one leg Tune is a much better QB. No more happy feet.

2 Likes

The post-game locker room scene of CDH and players was the first ever interaction I’ve seen between coach and players. Sure looked like players have bought in! A far cry from “I can’t coach this xxxt!” Maybe it’s the real beginning!! Beat Tulane!

5 Likes

ICYMI

Friday’s highlights

I still think Jake needs to start. Also I don’t understand this experiment with Murphy, we start him, he’s messed up than we just put in Johnson. Why not just start johnson then? Also Alton is an absolute beast but Henry needs to play more, should be a 1-2 punch. Henry at this point I’m still better at making people miss 1 on 1 and he’s earned more minutes. We run them two the whole game and have tune play smart like he’s been doing and we can win a lot of games.

1 Like

Yes Sir he is !
Beat Tulane!

https://twitter.com/uhcougarfb/status/1444759153101230091?s=21
Big Bank!

3 Likes

I think Dana’s seat has gotten a lot cooler. We’re finally starting to see improvements. Dana also deserves credit for making the DC change. That seems to be working out quite well!

1 Like

Crazy good game for him!

1 Like