Honest thoughts after game 5?

Best win for Dana as a head coach here. Tune, Oline, and defense all played fantastic. AT THE SAME TIME! Which is very rare. I’m really excited about this season and where we can go. We have a legit chance to win 9-10 games and exceed my expectations. Great win. Celebrate tonight! Than it’s back to work tomorrow. On to New Orleans. Let’s go win some games! And GoCoogs :fire:

13 Likes

Awesome to whip Tulsa.
Yes… The schedule is setting up historically easy.
Let’s go off and run the table.

1 Like

If Tulane is anything but a blowout then the #fireCDH train will be back full throttle

Good win tonight go coogs

2 Likes

Great team win! Always a good thing to see improvement week to week. Hoping we can keep this momentum rolling against Tulane

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/uhcougarfb/status/1444166658772320256?s=21

1 Like

Beat Tulane and the door to a really a nice season opens up

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/chrisiskingx/status/1444155168744947713?s=21
UCF fans showing love. “Big 12 bros” has a nice ring to it

13 Likes

For some reason I forgot Pepe Williams was also recruited by Dana. Dana’s guys have really showed out this year. I know there are aspects of recruiting we have to do better in. But he has brought in some really talented players. I got to give him credit do that. Make me ever more excited to see some of these guys in a year or two. Can’t wait to see what Maddox, CJ Guidry, Lawrence, and Mark Wilson can do. They were all great Hs players. If we get 9-10 wins this season our recruiting can really pop off with big 12 boost

5 Likes

He’s building it the best, fastest way he knows how.

3 Likes

That was an ass whoopin’.

5 Likes

That game was fun to watch. Great to see all aspects of team functioning at high level. Watching highlights this morning I realized the unis are great. Would welcome them as our traditional look with special unis occasionally.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think 8-4 is an absolute bare minimum now and could easily see 9-3 or 10-2. Likely will come down to Tulane, SMU, and Memphis. Win 2 of 3 and we’re almost surely in the championship game. UCF’s QB is out, and they play Cincinnati, SMU, and Memphis. SMU has Cincinnati, UCF, UH, and Memphis. Memphis plays UCF, SMU, and UH.

2 Likes

Now that’s Cougar football. Tulsa was very chippy all game, glad we took them to the woodshed.

6 Likes

Give Dana credit, he called a great game and the guys executed. Lots of portal guys that Dana brought in are making plays and McAllister is impressing every week

Belk called a remarkable game, and again, the guys executed. The D set the tone for the game and took pressure off of Tune and the offense.

I listened on radio and Tune only had the one bad play, the pick. Tune gets credit for a good game as well. If the D can set the tone from here on out, the Coogs will be able to withstand a few mistakes on offense, and that’s key to taking the next step and being a championship caliber team

With McAllister leading the run game, Jones impacting the game on special teams, and a stout defense that gets takeaways, the Coogs look like they’re coming together in all phases of the game.

Now, I think consistency is the key. Every unit, every game

Great win for Dana and Belk and all the staff and the guys. Anybody who watched/listened had to come away impressed.

6 Likes

Great win team! What a fun game to watch. I was really glad to see a complete game start to finish. This team is bowl bound for sure.

2 Likes

Very happy for the entire program, outstanding game. I am of the “Defense Wins Championships” school and that was absolute domination. Alton22 gives me flashbacks of Eric Dickerson, young man is a stud. Strong running game and a defense like that is a winning hand. Congrats to all, on to New Orleans…Go Coogs !!!

1 Like

Most fun game I’ve watched in awhile. If we can play like this going forward we are gonna win some games!

2 Likes

Tazhawn Henry was going really strong before getting hurt. Dude was blistering on 2 carries.

2 Likes

The most complete game I have seen from Dana and staff in 3 years.

All sides of the ball contributed, and could have been higher if not for the penalty on the opening kick. We have a lot of positives to take into next week. Hoping the team rallies around Dana (I certainly am) and everyone can continue to get better, week in and week out, and we can win some damn ballgames!

3 Likes

What I’m seeing in this team is some great recruits on the defensive side coming to fruitation. The size alone of the front is already bigger.

Now the offense is starting to click and Tune is starting to get on a roll.

This team can be a very good AAC team and grow from there.

2 Likes