HOUSTON 40 Connecticut 13

HOUSTON 40 Connecticut 13. Revenge for Houston here as last year’s 20-17 (+10) upset win for the Huskies was the lone blemish on the Cougars season. Houston QB Greg Ward, Jr was banged up and did not start the game (only played a couple of snaps). Last week’s ATS stat of the week featured Connecticut being the worst favorite in college football (now 0-15 ATS) as they lost to Syracuse 31-24 (-2). The usually stout UConn defense did allow 407 passing yards. Meanwhile Houston improved to a ridiculous 19-2-1 ATS in all games away from home in their 64-3 (-32) beat down of Texas St. They are now 3-0 ATS vs FBS teams this year (avg cover by 23 ppg) but this number seems pretty pricey considering UConn’s defense has allowed just 20 ppg in their last 17 games. Pass.

1 Like

13 points to UConn is being generous. They should be looking at 10 tops.

40 for Houston is way under. We should have scored 60+ against cinci and over 100 against Lamar and texas st. I think we score 55+ and more if Herman keeps the foot down…NO MERCY on this game

be careful of your lofty expectations, uconn is better than tx st and Lamar.
they have a big defensive front, and running between the tackles will be a challenge once again. we will have to run around them and pass downfield.

don’t know if the score will exceed 40, would like to hold them to zero though.

I’d like nothing more than an Alabama-style 48-0 game that looks like a python eating a rabbit.

2 Likes

We’re going to throw the ball all over the field on them and then run it down their throat in the 4th. 56-6.

On another short week, you better believe CTH is going to pull and rest the starters if he gets the opportunity. That will hold our scoring in the 40s IMO.

I can’t see UConn scoring more than 10.

They’ve scored 24 three times this year and 13 against UVa in that win. 10 seems about right.

They had 31,899 in attendance for their home loss to Syracuse. 30,771 average over three games. Will they will bring 10s of people tonight?

Their kicker is 5/5 on FGs with a 43yd game winner vs. UVa.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/conn-m-footbl-sched.html

48-6 tonight…All Coogs

I’m going with 45-9.

Without reading any of the other comments I can tell you if we don’t win by at least 40 I’m going to be mad. I’m ready to run through a wall for coach myself today, whether anybody else is or not!!! LET’S GO! As hard as you can go, for as long as you can go, with fanatical effort for the love of the guy next to you!!!

Locker Room doors today.

https://twitter.com/LauraMRutledge/status/781529112879833088

All I care is for a one point win. Everything else is GRAVY.

(105/106) Connecticut at Houston (-28, 49) 8:00pm ET.
Kickoff Weather: 80 Degrees. Clear. 0% chance of rain. Wind: N at 10 mph.

The public, of course is backing the heavily favored Cougars in this matchup while the sharps are split. It’s awfully tough laying 4 TD’s against a solid defense that only allows 20 ppg the last 2 years. As far as the injury report goes, the main one in this game tonight is that Houston NB Wilson is doubtful. He is arguably their best and most-versatile player on defense (you may remember him from returning the “Kick 6” vs Oklahoma in the opener). If you absolutely have to get involved, I’d take Houston -28 because the Cougars are playing with revenge from last year and can make another statement on National TV. Meanwhile, Uconn is traveling on a short week off 4 straight close games. I’d also bet the OVER 49.