Houston Astros 2023 Season on a daily roll

Man, I’m glad Altuve’s back!

5 Likes

But he’s turning it around. Is it safe to say that Abreu can hit .100 as long as we’re winning?

Abreu dinger!!

He is one happy man.

5 Likes

Good for him- cool slide at the dugout!

3 Likes

Get off my back!!!

1 Like

Six run lead….Safe to bring in Montero?

1 Like

Now…a 9 run lead. 10-1 final.

The Athletics have become the Astros B-12 shot.

In fairness they are EVERYONE’s B-12 shot.

On pace for the MLB record in the modern era.

When a lot of people were getting out of sorts about the Astros not being 10 games in front of everyone else a couple of weeks ago it was “guess who” had playdd Oskland 7 times. That’s right. The Texas Rangers.

All in due time.

And even before this Oakland 3 game series the Astros had been on a roll less the 2-game stumble in Milwaukee. But indeed, a stumble in which they landed on their face.

1 Like

This is where the Astros braintrust needs to be in the musky catacombs downtown planning who they’re gonna buy at the break. You buy big when you start to pull away and ice this sh—.

Then we all ride on in for the big Victory Parade.

1 Like

The Rangers just took two out of three from a very good Orioles team. I’m starting to think they might be for real. We’ll see.

1 Like

They’re for real…they have the bats( very proud of a former player I coached) but will their pitching hold up?

1 Like

The Rangers are good. It will be a fun summer of baseball.

3 Likes

You know the great thing about baseball (if you really follow it) the team becomes like a part of your family. It is like reading a really good book or watching a really good series on Netflix. The players and characters become familiar to you in a way no other sport provides. After 162 you really feel like you know the players.

So that said I am really happy for Abreu. That home run trot was pure joy from a guy that clearly been feeling the heat.

5 Likes

I mentioned this before the season started and people thought it was a bad take.

Will a team built on fee agency be able to produce over 162? Good question.

If you ask the Padres the answer is no. If you ask Mets the answer is maybe. If you ask the Rangers the answer is we will see.

1 Like

Better than I thought….but let’s see if they hold up.

What did we say last year guys?

Another TJ would be my guess….he has to do it if he wants to keep getting paid.

Just speculation on my part but in the off season I want to keep JV because I knew this guy could not be counted on….Heck, Montero and Brantley $$$ would have paid for 1/2 of JV.

Unfortunately, McCullars is damaged goods. I believe management is hoping to milk whatever he has left as a starting pitcher for one more ring. If he has a future in MLB, it’s as a reliever.