Houston Astros 2023 Season on a daily roll

Naw this was worse imo. Your struggling ace gives you 7 of no hit ball and with 2 outs in the 9th your closer gives the game away. Brutal!

Edit: to the tigers no less! Lmao

1 Like

Once again, the opponent didnā€™t need four runs. This team canā€™t score runs

2 Likes

Major League GIF - Major League Uecker GIFs

3 Likes

Rangers losing again to Twin Citiesl!
10ā€“1 Twins.

Astros say hold my beer :beer:.

Hereā€™s a question. If you took the opponentā€™s final score in every game from here on out and cut it in half what percentage of the games would the Astros lose?

Iā€™m gonna say 40%

The Astros look like a team on life support.

5 Likes

Just blah

Text my dad just sent me:

ā€œFirst major league RBI for Meadows on the walkoff. Wonder if Pressly and Maldonado were on the same pageā€¦ā€œ

Lmao damn

2 Likes

The Astros are looking like they could miss the playoff completly and even if they do make it in somehow I donā€™t see them making any noise.

They would be out of the running already if the Rangers werenā€™t sinking like a lead baloon at the same time.

1 Like

No sense of urgencyā€¦.after Maldy led team meeting they are 2-3ā€¦.

Dusty did say they were about to start a streak.

2 Likes

3 in a row, so there yaā€™ go. :rage:

2 Likes

Maton looked good at Sugarlandā€¦.

One inning, gave up a hit and struck out the sideā€¦.

1 Like

Dusty continues to manage like he has a five game lead. I.e. Maldy getting majority of starts. Whenever he plays, which is way too often, it is not their best possible lineup. Just watched the replay and Maldy does a face plant trying to stop a ball from the outfield. His legs are gone.

3 Likes

Seattle pulls even with the Rangers.

1 Like

All year they have been pretty good but you are waiting for them to be great. You know it is there but maybe we will be waiting all year.

Perhaps PV, or another baseball guru, could explain why pitchers of the past were able to consistently pitch complete games without much difficulty, but todayā€™s pitchers arenā€™t able to go 5 innings?

3 Likes

Goose drops the inquiry from Thor. I want to know that, too.

Nolan Ryan once threw 235 pitches in one game. Now, 100 seems to be the bench mark. My how the game has changed.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a multitude of factors but I think the simplest explanation is that the teams have more incentive to pull a guy after 5 innings then to let him go the whole game.

They certainly could go further in games (SP). With teams leaning on analytics one reason they stopped allowing SP to go deeper into games is the more a pitcher goes through a teams lineup the harder it is. Not for every pitcher but for the most part the SP stats go up from the 2nd time through compared to the first time through as well as the third time through compared to the second and so on. Slugging %, avg, and countless other stats increase each time the SP goes through the lineup.

Thatā€™s one reason and how analytics has changed the game.

1 Like