At least UCF colors are not red!

Driving down for this game and bringing some folks along for the fun.
Personal experience/knowledge here: blue sells and people get behind it.
My Oil & Gas polo is my #1 apparel item and still sells well after being available for over a year. My new Diamond Dot (1 of the 3 new mainstay polos I launched for this Fall) is only behind the #1 selling polo of the 3 by just a couple.
There is a vocal portion of the fan base for both sides of the argument, but the school found something fun to rally around and enough fans love it so they will keep doing it. End of the day, it helps UH get more revenue, which they desperately need to “keep up with the Joneses.”
Without the blue they would have needed to change the logo to drive sales.
If they can’t sell NCAA FBS tickets for $7.13, Houston really does have a problem.
We’re about due for a new mascot logo anyway, now that ThunderCoog has been silently absent since roughly 2019. It’s so hard to get a cougar/panther logo right, though. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one that I’d say actually looks “good;”* The monochrome version of ThunderCoog was probably my favorite of the various marks around the country that I’ve seen and I’d still describe it as “okay.”
* - Wazzu’s logo is good, but I’m not sure I count that as a mascot logo. I’m also not counting throwbacks; that stuff has its place, but I wouldn’t want to bring back, i.e., sailor coog as a primary logo today.
I definitely prefer it NOT be called “University of Houston Blue”; it makes it sound like the city is at fault for the concoction. Now that it’s here, it ain’t going away.
Got my $7.13 ticket, the plan is in motion
i will be wearing my blue beat ucf sticker for being a lifetime alumni and be explaining why it’s blue and not red ! (it’s actually fun)
Price is one thing but how do you attract fans is another.
Do we have a consistent plan to reach every greater Houston area high school?
If so how is that working for us?
Do we have a consistent plan to reach every greater Houston area High School football coach?
If so how is that working for us?
Do we have a plan with every flag football girls program in the greater Houston area?
If so how is that working for us?
Do we have a consistent plan to reach every greater Houston area businesses employing more than 50 people?
If so how is that working for us?
Do we have a consistent marketing plan with all of the grocery stores chains in the greater Houston area?
If so how is that working for us?
Do we have a consistent plan with all of the major gas stations chains in the greater Houston area?
If so how is that working for us?
Do we have a consistent plan with every major oil change shops in the greater Houston area?
If so how is that working for us?
Do we have a consistent plan with all of the major movie theatre chains in the greater Houston area?
If so how is that working for us?
A point of sale might be “old school” but you have it next to the cashier and it is there for all to see.
Make it attractive for businesses to sell UH tickets. Get them involved so they have “skin in the game”. Think outside the box. Never take a no for an answer.
So why can’t we replicate the same formula from when I was a student during the Herman era.
That is a great qyestion…and your question is a challenge to our ticket office and marketing department…do we have one?
If UH advertises this in other places besides their website, I think that the $7.13 will help attract some people looking for something to do.
The $83.20 is also a steal
That is the best bang for your buck IMO.
Sit this one out and take the L. UH has made millions from the blue merch.
Will you be there? Yes or no.
I’ll wear school colors
I only went with the 7.13 deal so I could get in the gate. I’m not always a cheapass. Gave my 2 ST to my kiddo