Houston Blue

My cousin in Virginia loved the helmets.

I personally didn’t know helmets could have a different design for each player.

I paid more attention to the game then I did uniform color or helmet design.

2 Likes

I think there were 11 different designs, but only one Pluto, and that was Weigman’s. I have no problem with the helmets, thought they were cool. If we have to have a blue uniform can we at least restrict it to one game a year, or every other year. I really hate them.

3 Likes

I like the every other year idea. They’re not my favorite either. Maybe if they designed a cooler looking jersey.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Houston Blue, Oiler Blue whatever, I don’t like them. One game a year is fine if it provides some revenue. I’d rather us go back to the Ware, Klinger era Uniforms for a game, that at least makes sense. Wearing the Oiler colors that were never part of our color scheme makes no sense, but then a lot of things we do make no sense.

7 Likes

What is that cinnamon toast crunch that you got there? lol

2 Likes

I think there were ten; the sun, 8 planets and Pluto.

I could be totally wrong about this, but I think we may be nearing the end of the Houston Blue era. If sales are dropping off on Houston Blue, it is time to change the design to generate more sales. Every fad has it’s lifespan. It was unclear from Eddie’s interview on GoCoogs, but to be fair, he was not asked directly “Is this the end of Houston Blue?” Sales will determine its lifespan.

The overwhelming majority of fans at Saturday’s game were sporting Houston Blue gear. It was nice to see the support.

1 Like

When I saw the Sun helmet, I immediately thought about the Harry Caray SNL skit.

image

4 Likes

I’m here for it. The pettiness is what makes college football more fun than any other sport.

1 Like

Full Staaaaahhhp!!!

Supposed to be a reply to @RezClone … Coogfans reply bug strikes again!

1 Like

I’ll be honest

Those space helmets in my opinion were ugly. Never again please

Go back to the normal Blue uniforms

1 Like

I thought it was a real missed opportunity to have Weigman play qb in a blue #1 jersey and not put the Moon on his helmet

5 Likes

Always has been. I like it because it’s like the King of Planets!

1 Like

Great! So I suppose now you’ll only sing our beloved school song once every two years?
“Fight, fight! Fight for Smurf and White…”

We should wear them until we lose in them…

2 Likes

I would have preferred Kaiju blue…

Put me on the same boat as those who say make the “Houston Blue” an every other year thing.

This year proved it alone doesn’t attract “the city” to games.

1 Like

You mean like last year against Shrek?

We’re talking bout this year & our current WINNING streak in HOUSTON BLUE!

1-0

2 Likes

blue-fire

6 Likes