Houston Blue

Can we get more games with bad ass uniforms, custom helmets, Bun B in the Lac and WINS!!!

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT FOR RED, BLUE & WHITE!

11 Likes

Our colors are scarlet and albino. Period. Full stop. There’s nothing’s to debate. It is what it is. Stop the foolishness.

17 Likes

And what was up with those ridiculous helmets, our helmets are red with 2 white strips down the middle.

2 Likes

Defiantly should do an all white with those helmets

Btw the way, crowd was probably 90 percent Houston blue on Saturday

4 Likes

1 out of 10 dentists think the other 9 are full of crap.

1 Like

I’d also like to point out the gross overuse of the term “full stop” since @RezClone joined the board.

I’d like a full stop on “full stop”.

3 Likes

“Hot take”

1 Like

Or, spice up the white helmets with two red strips down the middle.

As much as our fanbase is full of hardheaded, contrarians, I am amazed at the amount of blue at these games. It’s like the one thing 90% of our fans can get behind.

Full disclosure: I was wearing a red UH shirt, and Black UH cap. So I looked like one of the 10% I’m talking about. I did buy my son a severely overpriced tshirt at the bookstore pregame though.

5 Likes

Am I the only one who thought the helmet looked like a black smear on a white blob on tv. It might be cool or neat up close but it was ugly from a distance.

Read a quote from the AD somewhere that said we had specially designed white uniforms to wear with the helmets, but couldn’t wear them because UCF refused our request to let us where white at home while they wore dark jerseys. Has anyone leaked out the white uniforms that we planned to wear with the galactic helmets?

2 Likes

A couple of years ago TT wanted to do a whiteout home game against us and we refused to wear our home unis instead of the road whites.

1 Like

At the game, hard to tell, but I watched the replay and they looked pretty cool on TV. Found myself trying to find all 10 helmet types. I wish we would keep them for future space games.

4 Likes

curiosity-curious

thinking-conflicted

4 Likes

I hate the blue uniforms. That color does not represent our Cougar tradition. Full stop.

6 Likes

Fully agree. Anything , even the smallest link to Bud Adams and oilers make me sick

I can’t stand that color and will not wear blue to the game

6 Likes

22 Likes

That’s a nonstarter. Full Stop. End of Story.

3 Likes

Case closed.

2 Likes

I fully expect that Houston Blue will be formally added as a school color at the next brand refresh. It’s been tremendously successful. And then once that happens, all the old farts who complain about it not explicitly being one of our colors will have to find another complaint.

4 Likes