Houston Chronicle: Big 12 officials had no indisputable video evidence to overturn spot

Also says that review WAS initiated and they found no such evidence.

Also says that no challenge was needed due to injury timeout from UT player.

So get off CDH’s case on this…

AND GET ON THE BIG 12’S CASE FOR PUTTING THAT UT GRAD IN POSITION TO HURT US WITH HIS INCOMPETENCE!!!

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/uh-texas-big-12-review-third-down-spot-18442009.php

32 Likes

It would have been better had they said nothing, smdh

6 Likes

Sounds like CYA decision

5 Likes

Of course the Chronicle sports editor is a tsip and is just promoting the company line.

19 Likes

Of Course the biggest newspaper in the City of Houston is going to defend the University of Austin!

13 Likes

So y’all want the Houston Chronicle to report something other than what the conference has stated about the matter? I’m confused to what the issue is.

3 Likes

As I said…let’s start getting on the Big 12’s case for putting that incompetent T-sip in a position to screw us!!!

10 Likes

That “injury” time out was inserted perfectly and they knew what they were doing.

25 Likes

The sad fact is that media is a source of entertainment and I am NOT entertained! Everybody saw what they saw. We have too many cameras today to hide so your bias will be exposed.

4 Likes

We gonna shoot the messenger again? It’s not like that’s an ‘opinion’ piece.

4 Likes

I see it for what it is! This is just theater at the end of the day!

Reality is TX and OU are the only two ranked teams in a league that has lost its identity for a myriad of reasons!

XII stands to gain a fphuc load of money if 1 or 2 of these guys get in to the playoff!

SEC is off this year and pac 12 will continue to cannibalise itself. The only league that likely gets two teams in this year is B1G largely because B1G East is stacked!

The conference can’t afford to not send someone to the CFB Playoff with tha mount of strategic movies Yorkamark is going to make in the next two seasons!

I just hope and :pray: that Yoramark remembers October 21, 2023 around 6:00pm as a day of infamy in the XII conference and makes it up to UH!

What we witnessed was blatant and downright phucery! The two UT fans standing right next to me on the visitor side said holy shut, they just moved the ball back 2 yards!! We were standing right in front of the play in the concourse on the 2nd level next to the band.

We both looked at each other and one guy said sht man, I’m sorry!

They PHUCin know! Every UT fan in TDECU stadium knows. Everyone in the CFB world knows that UT can’t face adversity straight up!!

15 Likes

98% of the people who saw the play, including the game commentators and their replay expert disagreed with the call.

12 Likes

It all felt very scripted

6 Likes

Yeah no, I’ve seen hundreds of close call forward progress replays. When you are marked a FULL YARD short, it ain’t “we couldn’t tell if we needed to move it up 3 inches or something so we didn’t do anything”. We are talking a FULL YARD short (when we needed 1 foot btw from the spot they gave us). We got jobbed bigtime. Regardless, you can’t go down 21-0, lose the turnover battle, not be able to run the ball at all, etc… and say we didn’t do our part to lose the game too. At VERY MINIMUM he was 10000000%%%%% on the 9 yard line which would’ve put us right at the marker maybe a few inches one way or the other but to not move it to AT LEAST there was CRIMINAL. I WILL NEVER BE CONVICED OTHERWISE. Especially not by the COMICAL.

2 Likes

In the postgame, CDH said they told him the call was confirmed. This said there was not evidence to overturn which is different than confirmed

2 Likes

I agree if indisputable means you can see where the ball is when the refs signaled his progress stopped.

So maybe technically it’s disputable if you believe he somehow stowed the ball in his trailing shoe.

1 Like

I do not subscribe to the toilet paper comical and frankly why should I?
Questions:
Did they actually show a picture showing that our player clearly past the yellow line giving us a 1st down?
Did the same tp comical mention what school the video replay offfical gratuated from?
These are two journalism 101 simple questions. I’ll wait on the response. Thank you.

1 Like

A true messenger will report what they were told and what they saw. That is how you establish trust. A parrot will repeat what they are told.

4 Likes

Tonight on Channel 13, Marvin Zindler investigates a questionable 3rd down call made at the UH-Texas game.

Oh well…maybe he would have talked about the roaches officiating the game on the field and in the replay booth.

7 Likes

Sound outlook and advice from Dr. Khator:

“In last 2 days, many people have stopped me & many colleagues from outside have called me to say that Houston got robbed last Saturday. I wish a historic game like this didn’t end with a question mark in people’s minds. But we march forward to bigger, better things!”

https://x.com/UHpres/status/1716589977016946869?s=20

14 Likes